This course is for beginners who either want to learn SQL/MySQL from the scratch or improve their skills to intermediate level.
I provide the review of the most commonly used commands in order to extract the data from the database, including syntax and functions.
This session will enable you to:
- Understand the basics of SQL/MySQL
- Understand queries already written and modify them
- Write and run your own queries
We will go through the course performed in Power Point slides, with practical examples in a demo database. You will also be given a homework after every lesson to practice.
Level 1. Takes minimum 5 lessons (This is the minimum which is sufficient for you to start using SQL and lean further in practice independently)
Level 2. Can take other 2-3-5 lessons (This includes some tips and hints, certain formulas and commands which will help you to dive a little more in and become more experienced to bring you to decent intermediate level)
I am a finance professional with more than 7 years of experience. I used both SQL and mySQL to generate different reports in my daily work for about 2 years. I am native Russian and fluent in English.
I provided mySQL training sessions to my colleagues in different groups so that to make them able to write common queries and generate reports for their job functions.
(As a tutor I also volunteered leading self-made classes for my peers at school and universities when they struggled with different subjects in order to help them pass an ongoing coursework or a final exam.)
Finance professional holding a master’s in finance and a bachelor’s in banking business, with more than 7 years of experience working on high profile projects in several industries and countries. Highly motivated and goal-oriented, with strong analytical, technical, research and communication skills. Self-starter who is always willing to share ideas and cooperate with colleagues to implement the best business solutions.
02/2020 – Present Marriott Ownership Resorts, Inc. - Miami, USA
(Leading hospitality company in timeshare industry)
Analyst, Inventory Revenue Management (full-time)
• Generated and updated scheduled reports and procedures
• Loaded inventory in the database
• Processed stop sales
11/2018 – 10/2019 American Business & Professional Program, Inc. - New York, USA
(Life insurance agency)
Insurance Operations Analyst (full-time)
o Processed agent commission calculation
o Managed agent state licensing and contracting with carriers
o Prepared periodic and ad-hoc management reports
07/2016 – 09/2018 DeliveryBooster, Inc. - New York, USA
(Provider of online platform integrating food ordering and delivery services)
Finance Associate (part-time)
• Developed and implemented start-up business plan for the company
• Ensured business efficiency, performed analysis of pricing strategy
• Performed billing reconciliation with clients and suppliers
• Managed development of the online platform, its interface and functionalities
• Formulated financial projections for two restaurants and two ICO projects
12/2014 – 05/2016 Software AG Rus through UCMS Group - Moscow, Russia
(Top finance outsourcing company contracted multinational business software developer)
Financial Analyst / Controller (fixed-term)
• Compiled information to increase tax deductible intercompany expenses by 50%
• Supported month-end closing of financial reporting, analysis of P&L and Balance Sheet accounts (IFRS), budget and forecast preparation, variance analysis
• Reviewed AR aging reports and managed dunning activities
• Ensured compliance of local financial processes with global group controlling policies and coordinated with international counterparties
08/2013 – 10/2014 HomeMoney LLC – Moscow, Russia
(Leading microfinance institution in the country)
Financial Analyst (fixed-term, part-time)
• Created financial models for efficiency valuation of business units’ performance and processes including generation of SQL queries
• Prepared Management Discussion and Analysis section for Standard&Poors with detailed analysis of the client’s financial statements (GAAP)
• Prepared benchmark analysis based on comparison of key analytical ratios with competitors and the microloans market
04/2012 – 06/2013 CorporatePay Ltd / WEX - London, UK
(Global provider of corporate and individual payment solutions)
Finance Analyst (full-time)
• Created financial models for margin analysis of card products
• Produced and ran numerous financial reports and presentations for different stakeholders based on generation of mySQL queries, including KPIs versus budget and over time, MI reports for clients, sales reports, etc.
• Ensured billing reconciliation with counterparties
08/2009 – 03/2012 Freelance Excel Tutor (part-time) – Moscow, Russia / London, UK
01/2009 – 04/2009 Ernst & Young LLC - Moscow, Russia
(One of the world largest audit-consulting companies)
Intern in Banking Audit Department (fixed-term)
• Participated in due diligence for banks and their corporate clients
• Verified compliance of financial statements and internal control procedures with statutory regulations and IFRS/GAAP standards
• Examined financial transactions for irregularities and indications of fraud
01/2010 – 07/2011 London Metropolitan University - London, UK
Master of Science in Finance
Dissertation with Distinction on Calendar Effects in the Russian Stock Market based on application of regression analysis to market index time series
09/2004 – 06/2009 Finance Academy under the Russian Federation Government - Moscow, Russia
Bachelor’s and Master’s in Finance and Banking (GPA 4.7 out of 5)
Graduate Diploma with Honors on Bank Liquidity and Liquidity Risk Management
SKILLS AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
IT: MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook; MySQL, SQL, Project Expert, Navision, Lotus Notes, EViews statistical tool pack, TM5, CRMs, MISs, Orbis, Keynote, 1C, Asana, SureLC, IBM AS/400, SAP
Languages: English (fluent), Russian (native)
Personal Interests: Volunteering, Fitness, Reading, Hiking and Travelling
Perfect! Marina is a knowledgeable person with thorough SQL and Excel skills. I am so happy to have found her.
It was my pleasure to teach Maina. We had our lessons online. Maina is a fast learner, respectful and paid everything on-time as agreed.
Marina explains things easily and in a very structured way. She is very patient and will make sure to find the best way to explain you a topic. Her sincere and supportive smile is another little help to dissolve any your embarrassment or confusion.
Marina organized Excel and SQL training sessions for our team when we worked together in CorporatePay. It was very efficient. After the course I improved my Excel to advanced level and started using mySQL independently, which I couldn't believe myself. I still refer to her manuals when I forget anything or when I need to find a new solution to my task.
I know Marina through a couple of projects while i was teaching in Finance Academy, where she was a student.
She is very responsible and dedicated person, very organized and hard working.
Marian is always attentive to need others, she communicates her ideas clearly and has a lot of respect among her peers.
I truly believe that she has potential to become a professor of the top tier university. And I think that she would be a great asset for any establishment.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$30||Not available||$30|