Native Arabic speaker teaches Arabic to non-native speakers college and high schools level, online and on-site in chicago.
- Carol Stream
- at your home
As a native Arabic speaker, I Have a passion for teaching the Arabic language as a means to bridge cultural understanding and has successfully taught Arabic to non-native speakers for over 8 years.
I have passion for teaching the language is evident in the variety of classes she has taught over the years. I have experience in teaching both Modern Standard Arabic and Classical Arabic in addition to Arabic literature, media as well as the Levantine and Egyptian colloquial dialects. I also assisted in the development of the intermediate and advanced Modern Standard Arabic curriculum at the Qasid Arabic Institute.
I earned the Master’s in Teaching Arabic to Speakers of other languages from the University of Jordan where I taught Arabic to non-native speakers. In addition I taught students of all backgrounds at the Qasid Arabic Institute and is a certified ACTFL tester and evaluator.
Listening comprehension - Arabic
Writing comprehension - Arabic
ILR Level 0
ILR Level 1
ILR Level 2
ILR Level 3
ILR Level 4
ILR Level 5
• Taught intermediate and advanced level intensive Arabic courses to up to 20 university students for 6 to 8 hours per day.
• Privately tutored American, Canadian, British and Australian diplomats for 3 to 5 hours per day in class and online, and some of them are ambassador in there Jorden for there countries.
• Taught Arabic literature and media courses up to 20 university students for 3 hours per day.
• Taught Modern Standard Arabic and Classical Arabic in addition to Levantine and Egyptian colloquial Arabic.
• Assisted in the development of the intermediate and advanced Modern Standard Arabic curriculum for the Institute.
• Created weekly syllabi and each semester.
• Instructed students in the American Center for Oriental Research (ACOR) program.
• Supervised the language partner program for the Center of Arabic Study Abroad (CASA).
• Held one-on-one weekly and monthly meetings to evaluate students’ strengths and weaknesses.
• Created and administered weekly, midterm and final exams.
• Certified American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL) test administrator.
• I was able to help student to reach superior levels in learning Arabic.
• students were able to read literature and media as well as speaking and understanding colloquial Arabic.
Hebah is one of my favorite teachers (out of all teachers, regardless of subject). She has a passion for teaching and this makes learning Arabic from her easier and more enjoyable. As her student, you always look forward to the next lesson. She is great at driving you to challenge yourself and it doesn't feel like work. I had two-hour long lessons with her, and I was always disappointed when class ended.
Hebah cares about teaching language, and she cares about her students. She makes learning exciting and she is truly invested in your success!
During our work together for more than 5 years, Heba has shown a very sophisticated effort and a high quality of an instructor. She was specialized in teaching media and literature to higher levels of Arabic ( namely intermediate and advanced with all their sub levels).
Heba has offered to her students understanding, patience and professional performance that they need. Here students have always achieved the goals of each studied level and encountered no difficulty to develop to the next level.
As Heba's students have learnt from her so did her collegues. She could offer the needed information and guidance each time.
View more recommendations
if the student want to focus on one skill (speaking only, or writing only......)the rate will be less.
Hello everyone, Arabic language teacher, perfectly trilingual, pedagogue, and accustomed to a French & English-speaking...
Each student is different. I prefer to listen to every learner to tailor my lessons based on his/her needs and goals.
for my method it will be to have a complete introduction to insert my client into the Arab culture. and we will start with...
For my methodology of teaching, I I use a wide range of learning materials to make my lessons interesting & full of fun...
We will have interesting conversations about different topics like cultures, traveling, sports, animals, philosophy, jobs,...
My teaching based on some methods which i teach students the great spelling and how to express opinion , feeling and also...
I have a solid knowledge of English grammar rules and good writing skills. I have earned a positive idea of dealing directly...
My teaching methodology is based on creating lessons that contain tailored, critical, and necessary information needed to...
Arabic is known to be one of the most complex languages ever, starting to learn it the right way will definitely make it...
I promise my students enjoy and speak Arabic from first lesson My passion for teaching Arabic language stems from this...
My teaching method is focused on learning vocabulary and grammar through use of the language in everyday situations. By...
I base my lessons on a mixture of methods and approaches to meet the different needs of learners and the different aims of...
Online lessons are a great way to practice conversation skills and it allows you to learn from the comfort of your own home....
Assalamu alaikum. Many people saying it's so hard to learn Arabic language and Quran recitation, but I wanna tell...
I use different approaches because it depends on the lesson. If it is about speaking, I do use the communicative approach...
The way I like to teach is by making each class different, we’ll do reading once , speaking once and that all depends on...
White board first we get to know to the alphabet and the letters we're going to use then simple vocab then simple sentences...
I will compose lessons plan for you and we will learn through speaking, reading, listening, and writing. You will get a...
i have books pdf of teaching modern standard and dialect egyptian i have videos of learning arabic students can watch it...
I can use different programmes such as zoom or skype and share the books on the screen and for zoom it has white board so I...
Describe the problem encountered on this ad