I am certain that all students are as unique as snowflakes, and as such, students deserve teaching methods that are tailored to their individual learning styles. I offer an engaging and stimulating educational environment where students can mature into contributing members of society, working to their fullest potential. I facilitate a learning environment where diverse backgrounds can coalesce and where students and I can share our viewpoints in a safe, congenial environment.
Acting as a facilitator, I guide discussions and self-study and offer authentic activities for educational enrichment. This gives students options and peaks their curiosity, which encourages learning. With practice comes mastery. Thus I utilize educational technology as a crucial resource.
In all, my former students have gone on to be highly successful, excelling on standardized exams and graduating to the next level. For this, I am greatly rewarded.
My background includes time in secondary education as a Classroom Teacher in Southwest Georgia where I taught biology courses to high schoolers. I also spent time at Georgia State University where I taught freshman laboratory courses as a Graduate Teaching Assistant.
I’ve earned both M.Sc. with thesis research and B.Sc. university degrees in biology from Georgia State and Albany State, respectively.
Currently, I tutor English, biology, and chemistry sessions as a remote contractor where I have acquired teaching skills that would benefit your company.
I encourage you to review my resume. Please do not hesitate to contact me for tutoring.
JEREMIAH EBENZEE SPENCE, M.SC.
A natural science guru at heart, my past experience in scholarship and service to humanity has been life sustaining. As an exceptional leader in educational services, pest control, and biotechnology, I fulfilled my dream of economic empowerment in this wealth of professional experiences within industry. I hope to continue this work in the next coming decade.
My hobbies include reading, writing, attending arts events, travel and cooking. I also enjoy food and drinks with friends and family.
Research Intern (MAOP)—Department of Biochemistry
Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University, Blacksburg, VA, May 2001-August 2001
The Multicultural Academic Opportunities Program (MAOP) is a summer-long, enrichment institute hosted by Virginia Tech. The program pairs undergraduate students from diverse backgrounds with doctoral researchers throughout the university for intensive and engaging research projects. Students receive a stipend that supports living expenses during the duration of the summer and complete research projects in various disciplines. The MAOP also offers career development and standardized test training.
I completed MAOP in the summer of 2001 in the laboratory and under the guidance of Dr. Glenda Gillaspy. My research project in biochemistry is described below.
• Conducted exhaustive literature searches, and laboratory experiments, including Western blot, SDS- PAGE, and spectrometry to investigate regulation of the inositol monophosphatase (IMP) gene and its expressed product in transgenetic tomato.
• Applied strong computer skills to prepare reports and manage data.
Research Intern (Project: IMHOTEP)—Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Morehouse College, Atlanta, GA, May 2002-August 2002
Project: IMHOTEP is a collaborative effort between Morehouse College and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), offering undergraduate students the opportunity to train alongside CDC researchers in epidemiology, biostatistics as well as in occupational safety and health during a summer-long internship. Students receive a stipend during the summer to cover living costs and end the summer with presentations at CDC Atlanta headquarters.
I completed Project: IMHOTEP in the summer of 2002 where I worked under the leadership of Drs. Alex Crosby and La Mar Hasbrouck within the Division of Violence Prevention. My research project is described below.
• Conducted a descriptive analysis of death certificate data to investigate the rates of abuse among the
U.S. elderly between 1990 and 1999.
Utilized strong computer skills and excellent presentation skills for managing data, creating reports, and developing PowerPoint presentations.
Technical Customer Service Representative, Tier 1
CallTech Communications, LLC, Albany, GA, December 2002-March 2004
Acquired by Teleperformance USA (OTCMKTS: TLPFY) in May of 2004, CallTech Communications LLC functioned as an inbound contact center providing technical support and customer service for various products and services. The Company also offered customer services and sales support, as well as membership sign-up and enrollment services for numerous associations and services. CallTech was headquartered in Columbus, Ohio with contact centers in 6 states, including Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Georgia, Indiana, and Florida.
• Consistently earned high marks (averaged 95%) on customer satisfaction surveys while providing excellent technical support and customer service in support of digital subscriber line (DSL) customers.
Classroom Teacher—Mitchell-Baker High School, Mitchell County School System, Mitchell County Board of Education, Camilla, GA, July 2004-July 2006
The Mitchell County School System (MCSS) is a small, rural organization and the primary educational unit of the Mitchell County Board of Education, serving roughly 2300 students in four schools, grades pre- K through 12th.
During my tenure with the MCSS, I endeavored to challenge the minds of the youth with whom I worked, while making great strides in contributing to excellence in student achievement. Supervised the instruction of 9th-12th graders, improving student achievement on state-administered exams to an 85% first- time passing rate.
• Developed lesson plans and used interactive, technology-based instructional methods in Biology I, Biology II, and Study Skills.
• Used rubrics and team-developed grading school to assess student achievement.
• Managed student data, wrote progress reports, and developed educational presentations utilizing excellent computer skills in various programs including PowerPoint.
• Recognized and developed students’ strengths and potential.
Graduate Teaching Assistant—Department of Biology
Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA, August 2006-December 2006
• Supervised the instruction of students (non-science majors) in 1103K Introductory Biology laboratory courses; graded all assignments.
Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA, May 2007-May 2008
Graduate Research Assistant—Office of Research Compliance & Safety
Located in the heart of bustling downtown Atlanta, GA, with nearly 53,000 students, Georgia State University (GSU) is the largest, research-intensive institution in the state of Georgia, offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional degree programs in over 100 fields of study. I earned the Master of Science degree in biology from GSU and worked these part-time positions during my time as a graduate student in the Department of Biology, which provided me with tuition remission and a monthly stipend.
• Ensured the proper labeling, storage, shipment, disposal, and record-keeping of regulated wastes using Chematix, a web-based, chemical inventory and tracking database.
• Facilitated interactive trainee-centered learning sessions, which promoted the professional development of GSU laboratory research personnel and accelerated the implementation of research safety programs.
Life Technologies Corporation (Applied Biosystems | Invitrogen), Atlanta, GA, Jan. 2010-June 2011
Associate Sales Representative (ASR)—business-to-business field sales
Created in 2008 from the $6.7 billion merger of Applied Biosystems with Invitrogen, Life Technologies
(NASDAQ: LIFE) was a large, global biotechnology supply company headquartered in Carlsbad, California,
offering reagents and scientific instrumentation to life science markets in nearly 200 countries. The company had nearly 10,000 employees, with 3,500 patents around its well-recognized brands, including GIBCO, LI- COR, Ion Torrent, Molecular Probes, Novex, and Dynal. Life Technologies was eventually acquired by ThermoFisher Scientific (NYSE: TMO) in 2012 for $13.6 billion.
During my tenure at Life, I worked in the Southeast US region, covering protein analysis and PCR reagents as well as instrumentation sales and support at Emory University in Atlanta, GA.
• Earned Top ASR, East Region for year 2010 for outstanding sales achievement.
• Produced 24% growth and achieved 125% of plan quota around the Invitrogen protein analysis portfolio covering Emory University (Atlanta, GA).
• Demonstrated expertise in prospecting, cold calling, closing, lead generation and qualification, follow-up, and territory management.
• Utilized communication, interpersonal, and intuitive skills to develop and maintain productive relationships with a wide range of internal and external customers.
• Provided technical support and training to address complex customer issues.
• Facilitated product shows and demonstrations to market instruments and reagents.
• Maintained inventory records of Invitrogen Supply Centers.
• Tracked leads, managed business opportunities, and initiated sales promotions using Siebel CRM.
• Developed business (quota) forecasts and territory plans using Microsoft Excel and IBM Cognos.
• Tracked and managed company expense account using Concur Solutions.
Ixois e-Commerce, Albany, GA, June 2011-Dec. 2019
I have been selling online since my earliest days around 2000. Currently, I offer items for retail sale on various websites, which are listed below.
• Creates listings and manages inventory of men’s apparel, furnishings, and shoes, which are for retail sale on Poshmark. Facilitates advertising, marketing campaigns and weekly sales promotions.
• Fulfills online orders of men's apparel and furnishings, exceeding customer satisfaction.
• Provides superior customer service in support of customer requests.
Lingo Exterminators, Albany, GA
CEO Certified Bug NerdTM Biologist July 2019-July 2020
Lingo Exterminators and Chemical Company, Inc., “Lingo Exterminators”TM, offered the best in Integrated Pest Management (IPM) services in support of residential, business, and government customers in Southwest Georgia. Operating since 1976, Lingo Exterminators was a family affair, having been founded by the late Mr. James Leon Lingo, Jr., who was my maternal uncle. Lingo Exterminators offers expert, effective pest and weed control services, and we provide for the management of microbes and the treatment of wood-based products as well.
I joined the company in the summer of 2019 and directed the business activities of Lingo Exterminators as its chief administrator, certified pesticide applicator and biologist. My other duties and responsibilities are described below.
• Planned and directed the overall strategic direction of the company, while facilitating the day-to-day activities of Lingo Exterminators, including sales.
• Executed promotions, advertising, and marketing campaigns.
• Demonstrated graphic designed skills around web, The Beetle BugleTM newsletter, and blog development.
• Performed monthly expense reports using Expensify and Excel.
• Accomplishes all bookkeeping, accounting and the preparation of all financial statements using Wave application
• Prepares federal corporate and state documents for tax filing using TaxAct.
• Demonstrated marked expertise in IPM, pest and plant biology as well as pesticide safety and chemistry.
• Updated HubSpot CRM database with customer interaction and deal data.
• Delivered superior IPM services in support of customer requests, exceeding customer satisfaction.
• Developed and implemented a company-wide Emergency Response Plan, which is used to respond to accidents, pesticide spills, and other catastrophes.
• Demonstrated marked expertise around human resources management.
Biobibel, Albany, GA
Founder Prime Moderator February 2020-Present
Biobibel is my online platform for the sharing of life science basics, offering short, engaging tutorials for the training of novices, students, teachers, researchers, and other experts in the biological sciences. Primary topics include cellular and molecular biology, biochemistry, human anatomy, genetics, and bioinformatics. I also cover pest control topics and psychological aids in my anger, anxiety, and stress management courses. In case you were wondering, Biobibel is pronounced like Bī-ō-bē-bĕl. The i, o, and the first e are long sounding! Bio- is from the word biology, while bibel is German for the word bible as a book.
• Shares life science basics on social media websites, including LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram. Please search @Biobibel on these platforms to locate my profile.
• Markets and promotes online media to ensure full, customer immersion and page popularity.
Albany Unified Academy (MyAUA) Albany, GA
Founder CEO President July 2020-Present
The Albany Unified Academy (MyAUA) is the #1 leader in educational support services, offering exam preparation, private tutoring and custom writing services through its MyUltimate Wizz support. MyAUA assists students with the Georgia Milestones Assessment System, the SAT, ACT, AP, GED, ACCUPLACER, GRE, GMAT, and MCAT to name a shortlist. MyUltimate Wizz support also includes technical assistance and private tutoring with computer-based applications including Mac OS, Microsoft Windows, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Publisher, OneNote, Outlook, Explorer/Edge, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. Other areas of support include basic HTML, blog and web development and social media setup.
• Directs the overall strategic direction of MyAUA, while facilitating the day-to-day activities of the academy.
• Facilitates instructional design of exam preparation, private tutoring, student enrichment programs for standardized exams and subjects in 50 content areas.
• Uses Thrive Apprentice and Google Classroom to develop web portals for online learning for subscribers.
• Delivers on-demand word-processing and PowerPoint design services.
• Accomplishes all bookkeeping, and accounting, including expense reporting, and the preparation of all financial statements using Expensify, Excel and Wave application.
• Prepares federal corporate and state documents for tax filing, maintaining IRS compliance.
• Demonstrates expertise in graphic design, web development, social media marketing and blog management.
• Uses advertising and marketing plans to further the mission of the academy.
SCORE Volunteer (Columbus GA Chapter)
SCORE Mentors, Albany, GA, November 2019-May 2020
According to economists, small businesses powered some 44% of the U.S. economy in 2014, and as such, are an integral part of our country's business culture. SCORE Mentors is a not-for-profit organization, which is affiliated with the U.S. Small Business Administration, having over 10,000 volunteers who provide guidance and consultation to small businesses within the U.S. SCORE Mentors was founded in 1964 under the administration of President Lyndon B. Johnson and has assisted millions of small businesspersons.
As a volunteer in the Columbus, GA chapter of SCORE, I utilized the S.L.A.T.E methodology to effectively counsel and mentor SCORE clients in person, by phone, or through video conferencing technology. I recorded client-interaction data in CORE, which is SCORE’s web-based CRM software.
• Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.), Biology, Albany State University, Albany, GA, August 1999-May 2004
• Master of Science (M.Sc.), Biology with thesis research, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA, August 2006-May 2008
• Selected Courses Taught: Antimicrobial Super Review; Ornamental Super Review for Cat; Institutional and Industrial Super Review for Cat.; Mosquito Super Review, Pest Control for the Expert Professional, Parts I and II, Anger, Anxiety and Stress Management.
• Social Media: Manages Biobibel on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram ; also Albany Unified Academy on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
CERTIFICATION AND LICENSES
• Pesticide Applicator License, Issued by the Georgia Department of Agriculture on 10/22/2019, License No. 13992.
License Categories: 24, 33, 36, 37. Expires 10/22/2024.
• Teaching English as a Foreign Language Certification (TEFL/TESOL), 120-hour course, issued 01/19/2021 by Global Language Training, Certificate no. GLT(concealed information) No expiration. Certificate verification.
vocabulary - english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest ESL lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, IELTS lessons for all!
Taking accent reduction - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|