I base my teaching accordingly to the interests and age of my students. Every learner has a different way to digest and memorize new things. The learning path I propose will be flexible and evolutive. It is something we create together, in order to make sure you feel at ease and you can see your improvements week after week.
My students can be adults who wish to improve their level of French (especially their speaking skills in French) for the following purposes:
- become more comfortable in French for work
- develop their French to settle in an French-speaking country
- improve their French to start a new job
- practice their French to travel abroad
Among my students there are also those who are still in school, or university. Their objectives are:
- become more comfortable with oral expression
- develop their vocabulary
- improve their understanding
- prepare for exams
During the lessons, I can help all my clients to:
- develop vocabulary and knowledge of expressions in French
- work on grammar and verb conjugations
- practice speaking, discussing, and arguing in French
- improve their understanding
- correct their pronunciation
- redo a CV or a document in French and discuss the key points in French
- prepare a speech or presentation in French
What will we do during the lessons? It depends on your goals and your level, but we could:
- discuss the topics that interest you (of course!)
- choose articles to read aloud to improve pronunciation and then discuss them to test your comprehension
- watch short videos to learn new vocabulary and then discuss them to test comprehension (this can also be interesting for those who wish to learn to understand the different accents in French).
- practice role plays to be more comfortable in everyday or professional situations
- play games like Scrabble, crosswords etc. to develop vocabulary
- study your favorite songs and analyze the lyrics to understand them and pronounce them perfectly in French.
- integrate your interests and passions into the lessons to make them more fun. For example, for children, you could imagine a story, write it in a small book, write it in a screenplay, and then create a small play in French.
- everything is possible! Bring your ideas and we'll try!
Passionate about French language, music and literature, I am a 29 years old French women living in NYC.
I studied in a Classe Préparatoire aux Grandes Ecoles (France's best literary studies) before completing a bachelor in Philosophy and a masters in Communication. I taught French to people speaking English from several nationalities (Indian, Filipino, Vietnamese), and taught English to people speaking sometimes no French at all. I believe learning a langage can be fun, and I make sure that my teaching leads to positive results, as much as I make sure that my students enjoy the time we spend together.
I offer 10% discount for 10 lessons, 5% discount for 5 lessons.
I am happy to travel and meet you in person for an even more dynamic French class, for an additional 15 $ only !
french lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - french lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$75||$60|
|5 hours||Not available||$350||$300|
|10 hours||Not available||$690||$600|