I believe strongly in evidence-based learning approaches. This means researching the cognitive science of learning and psychological models of information retention and how to apply them to 30- or 60-minute sessions. Learning is ultimately about memory re-consolidation so I focus on structured goals for writing improvement. With me as your tutor, you'll have an organized routine involving writing practice and frequent self-assessment. I am keen on hearing feedback from you and always adjust the lesson plans accordingly.
I began teaching English to middle and high school students at intermediate levels of ESL in my school district in 2012. I moved on to aid students in general homework completion. As a college student, I expanded my tutoring range to K-12 and college, facilitating student learning at all levels and aiming for average grade improvements of at least 50% where applicable. All of my students have gone on to complete their high school degrees, attend 4-year colleges, and some have since graduated with degrees in English, political science, philosophy, psychology, computer science, biological sciences, and more.
Rutgers RWJ Medical School, Department of Psychiatry
Division of Schizophrenia Research
February 2019 - February 2020
- Assisted in preparing materials for, submission and renewal to the IRB
- Aided research team in drafting lengthy grant proposals
- Synthesized scientific literature and edited literature reviews
- Phone-screened study participants and scheduled appointments for procedures
- Upkept multiple calendars for various experimental phases and labs
- Maintained database of participant data in Excel and REDCap
- Drafted and circulated instructive documents for neuroimaging protocols
- Collaborated with lab-mates to present research findings weekly
General Biology Facilitator
Rutgers Department of Biological Sciences
January 2019 - January 2020
- Applied course material from Biology I & II to host learning workshops
- Developed individualized quantitative assessments
- Managed Excel sheets tracking measurable improvements in retention
- Administered and graded weekly assessments
- Oversaw upkeep of grade data on online gradekeeping system
January 2012 - Present
- Engineering lesson plans in STEM, history, English, philosophy, and psychology for all grade levels through college
- Providing tutees with college and career guidance
- Effectively communicating and demonstrating material to ensure grade improvements of an average of 50%
- Routinely assessing students pre- and post-session
- Suggesting edits to student papers and assignments prior to submission
Rina has been an incredible writing tutor over the last couple of years. I struggled with essay writing when I first started college, but Rina's patient and empathy-driven approach improved my ability to analyze topics and write compelling essays. She's very good at explaining the writing process and making it less daunting, and her attention to detail ensured I didn't miss important details and deadlines. I ended up doing better than I expected in my English classes thanks to her excellent guidance! I recommend Rina as a writing tutor to anyone looking to become a more impressive and persuasive writer.
vocabulary - english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, writing comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking listening comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$20|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$100|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$200|