I hold a degree in Dietetics, I've counseled, and education on the subject of nutrition. I always try to apply the most suitable methods in each lesson. I try to mix it up, so the students experience the unknown, and the lessons are not routine, or boring.
I have a degree in Dietetics. I have a passion for spreading awareness of wellness and health through educating young minds of the future. I have taught and counseled for 4 years. Students feel confident in the field of nutrition further seeking job placements and nutritional educational focus.
Bachelors of Science- Nutrition and Dietetics June 2015
Related Courses: Food Preparation, Advanced Nutrition, Research Methodology, Nutrition Therapies, Seminar and Trends
Food Service / Cobb Hospital March 2015
• Participated in ensuring quality control and food safety measures
• Incorporated new food items into hospital menu relaunch
• Provided quality and safety checks of patient’s menu items by assessing timely food delivery
Clinical / Cobb Hospital January 2015
• Developed nutrition care plans to meet individualized patient needs
• Assisted in the development of outpatient nutritional care plans
• Exposed to parental and enteral tube feed calculations under supervision of RD
Community / Atlanta Diabetes Association October 2014
• Provided education on applying lifestyle changes and developing goals
• Worked as part of a community outreach project
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta- Scottish Rite January 2018 – Present
• Complete calorie counts and basic diet education
• Screen and identify patients at nutritional risk using predefined guidelines for malnutrition
• Calculate and verify patient breast milk, formula orders for accuracy
• Provide patient/family education related to WIC, formula preparation and diet therapy depending on special needs
• Prepare and deliver the hospital’s formula, additive, and supplement orders following aseptic techniques
• Receive, translate and verify physician orders for patient’s formula and breastmilk
NexSlim Medical Weight Loss Clinic- Kennesaw November 2015 to March 2017
Weight Loss Counselor
• Managed and developed weight loss related plans, set goals and monitored progress
• Educated clients on specific medical diets to reduce weight and how to maintain a healthy lifestyle
• Provided ongoing support, advice and assistance
• Maintained budgets and met company goals
Kids R Kids-Kennesaw July 2013
• Participated in staff and training meetings
• Designed an appropriate room arrangement to support the goals and developmental level of children in the classroom
• Interacted with the children to support play, exploration, and learning
nutrition lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest weight loss lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, eating well lessons for all!
Taking dietetics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$25||$25|