I'm finishing my masters in Chemistry (organic) this coming May 2017. During the past 2 years, I was awarded TA of the semester 3 times. I am fascinated for the learning process. I enjoy getting involved with students and helping them understanding organic chemistry.
I work as a teaching assistant since 2011; first at Brigham Young University (2011-2015) and then at University of Utah (2015-present). My philosophy as a teacher consists of: helping students to see their own potential, providing an environment where sharing ideas is allowed and welcome, and helping each individual to understand that through hard work and dedication they can accomplish their goals.
Adaptive, resourceful, and communicative organic chemist with solid technical skills in teaching, problem solving, and data analysis. As a teaching assistant, gained experience in teaching complex organic reactions and mechanisms as well as a broad knowledge in organic analysis by using instruments such as NMR, IR, and GCMS. Fluent in English and Portuguese.
Master of Science, Chemistry July 2015-Present
University of Utah – Salt Lake City, UT (Expected graduation- Apr 2017)
• Overall GPA: 3.8/4.0
• Awards: Alumni Fellowship and Teaching Assistant (Fall 2015, Spring & Fall 2016)
• Research Interests: Organic synthesis, organometallic catalysts, organic mechanisms
• Relevant courses: Advanced biochemistry, bioinorganic, DNA, physical organic, organometallics, organic spectroscopy, organic synthesis, research ethics
B.S. in Chemistry April 2015
Brigham Young University–Idaho – Rexburg, ID
• Overall GPA: 3.7/4.0 – Minor concentration: Mathematics
• Awards: Academic Scholarship based on excellence and leadership
• Research Interest: Advanced organic synthesis and phosphomycin chemistry
• Relevant courses: Partial Differential Equation, Multivariable Calculus, Linear Algebra, Biochemistry, Inorganic and Organic Chemistry, Quantitative Analysis and, physical chemistry
• Data Analysis
• Problem Solving
• Microsoft Office
Teaching Assistant July 2015 – Present University of Utah – Salt Lake City, UT
• Head of the teaching assistants; lead over 48 undergrad TAs
• Instructed students on proper organic techniques
• Prepared quizzes to exam students understanding on lecture discussions
Research Assistant Jan 2016– Dec 2016 University of Utah – Salt Lake City, UT
• Synthesis of complexes ligands using first-row transition metal
• Studied how metal ligands complexes worked on the regioselectivity in organic molecules
• Characterized products with NMR, IR, and GCMS
Organic Chemistry Research Assistant Jul 2012 – Apr 2015 BYU-Idaho Chemistry Department– Rexburg, ID
• Synthesis of phosphomycin molecules
• Analyzed organic chemistry reactions and mechanisms
• Characterized phosphomycin products using H NMR, IR, and GCMS
Utah State University – Logan-UT Internship Jun 2013– Sep 2013
• Worked in organic chemistry synthesis, specifically with aminosugars and antibacterial resistance
• Performed purifications, spectroscopic investigations, ion exchange, and NMR analysis
• Studied the advantages of using pyranmycin against gram negative bacteria
Math Tutor Apr 2011 – Jan 2012 BYU-Idaho Math Learning Center – Rexburg, ID
• Tutored advanced math classes (pre-calculus, calculus, linear algebra, and trigonometry)
• Helped students obtain crucial problem solving skills which allowed them to improve their grades
• Worked in the math lab teaching multiple subjects at the same time
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$20||$16|
|5 hours||Not available||$18||$80|
|10 hours||Not available||$15||$160|