I like to approach teaching by using real world examples and problem sets that engage students critical thinking skills to fully understand the interconnecting webs of biology. When tutoring writing, I often will have students conduct a persuasive essay or scientific paper in order to offer constructive criticism on structure and annotations.
I am a parasitologist who has been working in a lab focusing on the biogenetics of aquatic parasites for the past 5 years. I am currently a senior at the University of Maine working towards a degree in Marine Sciences. I have been tutoring students for 10 years in math and biology with a focus on the biogenetics of species. I am also able to tutor students on conducting eloquent, well written scientific papers with editing experience.
Undergraduate Researcher 05/2017 to 12/2019
Bricknell Lab, NSF EPSCoR, Orono, ME
• Conducted laboratory experiments on pathogens and parasites in European green crabs during field collections, dissections, and PCR gene identification after thorough planning and research.
• Developed top-level skills in collaboration, interpersonal communication and writing as result of hands-on work and training.
• Cooperated with others in team-based environment to identify pathogen invasion timelines and figures from data collected and analyzed over several years.
• Developed and executed a lab stimulated infection model of the acanthocephalan worm in the Maine ecosystem
• Wrote a 3 peer reviewed papers on the prevalence and infection dynamics of an acanthocephalan worm in the Maine ecosytem
Undergraduate Research Assistant 03/2017 to CURRENT
Bricknell Lab, University of Maine, Orono ME
• Collected, prepared and tested wide range of biological samples.
• Supervised undergraduate students working on research projects.
• Prepared literature for reports, presentations or submission to peer-review journals.
• Performed statistical, qualitative and quantitative analysis.
• Planned, modified and executed research techniques, procedures and tests.
• Assisted faculty members with research assignments on the molecular identification of various pathogens and parasites.
• Planned, modified, and executed research techniques, procedures and tests.
• Prepared materials for reports, presentations and submission to peer-reviewed journal publications.
• Completed several scientific diagrams used in peer-reviewed journal publications
• Undergone animal safety training, BSL2 training, and autoclave safety training
biology lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cell biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking zoology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$12|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$60|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$120|