I’m Fatema. I am an Electronics and Communications Engineering senior student at the American University in Cairo. I am a Science and Math lover. Passionate about teaching and simplifying seemingly tricky concepts. I like to be creative in presenting my lessons and making my students love the course. Teaching others is my hobby and favorite activity since I believe my education has no value if I do not spread what I learn.
Regarding my teaching philosophy, I am taking the self-directed education approach which means that I give my students the opportunity to choose what they want to learn and how. So although it might be a Math class, we might be doing some geography, science, or economics depending on the interests of my students. And then we see how we can apply Math in that field, and that helps them understand how to apply Math in real life. I teach school students from Grade 3 to Grade 12 as well as university students. For younger students, I focus on play-based activities that keep them engaged during the class. And for older students, I focus on discussions and activities that develop their analytical and critical thinking skills.
I have been working as a tutor and facilitator for more than 6 years and have been teaching students of different ages and educational systems. And for more than 2 years, I have been working as an online tutor. I plan customized lessons for my students to facilitate the learning process in subjects such as Physics, Mathematics, Programming, Electronics Engineering, English and Arabic Languages, and Social Studies. I have taught more than 200 students in private and group lessons. I also have experience in teaching homeschooling students.
I mainly focus on helping my students understand the concept well rather than memorizing, and then we see how we can apply it in real life. Engaging my students in class is my top priority, so some of the activities might be virtual and others might be physical so that they wouldn't get bored by sitting in front of the computer for a long time.
Thankfully, I have received excellent feedback from almost all of my students after helping them all become lifelong learners. Regarding grades, they have all achieved the highest grades in their degrees whether in school or university.
As for my policy for cancellations and make-up sessions, I am very flexible with that. But in any case, if one of us couldn't make it on session time, we should arrange for a makeup session within the week.
Bachelor of Science, the American University in Cairo (AUC), expected date of graduation: Fall 2022
• Major: Electronics and Communications Engineering
• GPA: 3.979/4.0
• Dean’s List of Honors
IGCSE, Al Bashaer International School, June 2017
• Score: 150% - Straight A*s
Chegg and TutorMe Websites
Online Tutor, June 2019 – Present
• Planning customized lessons for students of various ages to facilitate the learning process in subjects such as Physics, Mathematics, Programming, Electronics Engineering, English and Arabic Languages, and Social Studies
Career Center, AUC
Peer Career Leader, September 2019 – Present
• Assisting students in developing and improving their resumes
• Organizing large-scale events planned by the center such as the Graduate Study Fair, Employment Fair, and Career Day
Bee Academy, Amman
Summer Camp Coach, July – August 2019
July – August 2017
• Planned developmental and entertainment activities for children and teenagers with a focus on the needs of each person to promote fun, safety, and inclusivity
• Organized adventurous trips and scouts’ activities.
Al-Bashaer International School, Cairo
A-level and O-level Math Teaching Assistant, Jan 2016 – Jan 2018
• Led weekly tutorials and office hours simplifying mathematical concepts and problems to high school students through hands-on experience
• Graded assignments and mock exams providing valuable feedback and follow up
Noor British International School, Cairo
O Level Arabic Teaching Assistant, January 2016 – April 2017
• Taught high school students Arabic grammar and creative writing through personalized group assistance and classroom activities
First Lego League (FLL) international competition, Cairo
Team Mentor, August 2015 – March 2016
• Facilitated the basics of robot design and programming to teenagers and assisted them in creating their robot
• Designed innovative games and activities to foster core values and teamwork.
Help Club, AUC
Vice President, June 2020 – Present
Children Development Director, June– December 2018
Syllabus Head, January – May 2018
• Improved underprivileged children's proactive behavior, life-long learning, and interpersonal skills by creating a customized curriculum and leading classroom activities that improve student literacy and essential life skills
We Love Reading NGO
Egypt Ambassador, August 2016 – Present
• Promoting a love of reading and literacy to children by initiating an initiative for reading books aloud weekly in Maadi Public Library and Masr ElQadimah.
• Al Alfi Foundation STEM Scholarship, AUC, September 2017 – Present
• First Year Researcher of the Year in RHET, Academy of Liberal Arts (ALA) honors, AUC, April 2019
• Highest Mark in Egypt in A-Level Further Mathematics, IGCSE Examinations, June 2017
• Top on Egypt’s Core Values, First Lego League (FLL) competition, March 2014
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$20|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$100|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$200|