The core philosophy of my lessons is utility and excitement; I ensure the information covered is sufficient, and in a level of detail to provide a holistic understanding. In addition, I also try and share my own personal interest in the topic, making the lesson more enjoyable as well as productive. This is done by preparing past-paper questions, as well as relevant textbook sections and sticking to a syllabus to make the lesson very productive. But also, if the student is curious in a topic, expanding on an idea to a level beyond the scope of a class to display the excitement that lies ahead in the topic.
I am a Chemistry and Mathematics Sophmore at the prestigious University of St Andrews based in Fife, Scotland. I have been tutoring for three years and been doing so online for the past six months. I have tutored extensively in STEM subjects as well as in some humanities such as Philosophy and Theology with great success with the strong relationships built with former students as a testament to that. I am eager for more tutoring opportunities and seek to have a more regular, more frequent routine of schedule online.
If the student does not show without notice, then the lesson is charged at full cost except for cases of extenuating circumstances.
If the student cancels less than 12 hours before the stated time of the lesson, the lesson is charged at 50% of the agreed cost except for in cases of extenuating circumstances
University of St. Andrews: 2018-present
• BSc. Mathematics with Chemistry, Degree Expected: June 2022
• Grade: First Class average in future honours subject, as well as across all other subjects
• Deans List for Freshman Year
Salesian College, Farnborough: 2011-2018
• A*s: Mathematics, Religious Studies, Spanish, History, Music, English Language, English Literature, Chemistry, Biology, Physics
• A*s with distinction: Further Mathematics
• As: Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Religious Studies and Ethics
• A*s: Chemistry, Religious Studies and Ethics, Extended Project Qualification
• As: Mathematics
Tutor: 2016 to Present
• Strengthened two classmate's knowledge in Religious Studies and Ethics, Chemistry and Mathematics
• Started a program of after school meetings with my two classmates to revise lesson material, expand into wider reading, and improve test-taking ability
• Aided another classmate in organization, assisting her in developing a comprehensive filing system for A-Level Chemistry to enhance revision in the exam period.
• Tutored online for over six months including during exam periods to students over Skype utilizing video capabilities to enhance the learning experience.
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$20|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$100|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$200|