With many kids learning online, I am looking to help make sure that they understand the material and stay interested in science. I am patient and will adjust speed to make sure that the emphasis is on understanding key topics
I am a PhD trained scientist who has been running a research lab for a biotech company for 20 years. I have coached youth soccer for many years and have taught immunology to college students for over 10 years.
PROFILE AND SELECTED ACCOMPLISHMENTS
• Currently Vice President Research and Chief Scientific Officer of a clinical stage biotech company
• Founding member of Biotech company and head of the Research Department since 2001.
• Proven track record in many facets of biotechnology including research, project leadership, personnel management, corporate development and executive leadership.
• More than twenty years’ experience in the biotechnology industry, including experience in research, technology development, target validation, antibody selection and validation, animal models, and preclinical and clinical development of monoclonal antibodies.
• Technical experience in oncology, immunology and molecular biology. Experience includes the creation of a novel virus-based library technologies with broad applications in the identification of unknown target genes and in the selection of fully human monoclonal antibodies in vitro.
• Experienced in the generation, screening, engineering and production of monoclonal antibodies, including murine, humanized and fully human antibodies; the in vitro and in vivo evaluation and characterization of therapeutic monoclonal antibodies; oncology target validation; mouse models of autoimmunity including EAE, and immunology and molecular biology techniques.
• Experienced in strategic planning at both the corporate and the research level. Responsible for establishing corporate research strategy
• Managing a department of over 25 employees
• Responsible for recruiting and making hiring decisions for Ph.D., M.S. and B.S. levels of employees.
• Extensive experience in making technical and business presentations and written reports, both to establish corporate partnerships and collaborators, as well as to update partners on technical progress during projects.
• Key member of the company Intellectual Property team. Responsibilities include review of company’s and competitors IP, writing sections of patent application, and frequent consultations with Vaccinex’s external IP counsels.
• Guest lecturer at University of Rochester and Fisher Pharmacy School for over 10 years
• Coached youth travel soccer for 5 years
I have over 20 publications and over 20 issued US Patents
biology lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cell biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking microbiology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$25|