Preparation, personalization, and practice are the tenements of my teaching methodology. Prior to each lesson, I go over the relevant material and prepare a summary for myself and my student alike. Next, I make it a point to understand each student's strengths and weaknesses, so that we can further improve the strengths and address the weaknesses. Lastly, each student must commit to sustained practice of the material to ensure their own learning and I also provide guidance in this regard.
I've tutored physics all throughout my undergraduate degree working with at least 30 different students. Many of my students have thanked me after exams for helping them solidify a previously challenging concept. In addition to practical experience I have studied what makes a learning experience effective and am a lifelong learner myself.
25$ cancellation fee if cancelling less than 72hrs in advance.
Teaching Assistant and Tutoring Experience
General Physics Teaching Assistant - Dr. Gibert, Miami-Dade College: 2014-15 Academic Year
• Prepared weekly problem sets for in-class discussion
• Guided students through problems while emphasizing physics thinking
• Grading weekly assignments
• Reported to Dr. Gibert to discuss student progress
Physics Tutor – Ma Academy, Shanghai, China: 01-06/2018
• Prepared students for AP physics examinations
• Considered each individuals needs to construct examples tailored to them.
• Tried to make physics as engaging as possible and spent considerable time reading about effective teaching strategies such as active learning and practiced recall.
STEM Tutor in Calculus, Chemistry, and Physics Miami-Dade College: 2014-15
• Worked one-on-one with any students who came into the STEM room for help with assignments and concepts
Engineering Technician, Agarwal Lab, University of Miami, Spring 2018-Current
Project: Dynamic Cell Culture Platform Development
• Wrote backend and front-end system control software for multiple hardware components
• Designed and manufactured electronic power system and PCB in Eagle
• Designed casing and sample collection system in SolidWorks CAD software
• Programmed Arduino to respond to serial protocol and control collection
• Machined and assembled all components
• Tested under 48 hour protocol with live kidney cells in incubator
• Designing version 2.0 for delivery to University of Florida Biomedical Engineering department
Electronics and Optics Lab Assistant, Saffman Lab, UW-Madison, Fall 2015-Spring 2017
• Assembled, tested, and repaired lab-built electronics boxes.
• 3-D printed precision optical shutters. Tested shutters and characterized performance.
• Developed Python algorithm to sort and manipulate atoms in a lattice.
• Manufactured experimental housings for table-top optical experiments in the machine shop.
• Edited and manufactured parts for interface with optical components in the machine shop.
• Maintained clean lab and machine shop conditions.
• Reported on project progress in weekly meetings.
Climate Science Research Intern, OCO-2, Jet Propulsion Lab Summer 2015
• Studied methods and data products of the OCO-2 satellite
• Developed several carbon-dioxide plume search algorithms.
• Gave a final technical presentation on feasibility of characterizing plumes from space.
• Produced CO2 plume search tool
• Image Processing (Segmentation and Filtering) and Data Analysis in Python/Mathematica
• Google Earth Engine
• Triboelectric generator: Group project for Nanoscience survey course. Team of 6.
• Li Lab: Anodized Aluminum NanoPore experiment
• University Physics Competition 2015: Trajectory of a fountain.
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, other sciences lessons for all!
Taking logic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|