My teaching method is identifying the student's learning challenges and approach the problems from another perspective, which may help clarify concepts. I also like to encourage critical and out-of-the-box thinking for problem solving, which are the base of the scientific thinking. I like to use demonstrations or little experiments for a better understanding of the subject.
I am a Physics PhD student, graduated in Physics in Spain and obtained my Masters degree in Germany. I was teaching high school students for 3 years in Spain, also in preparation for university access, with high rate of success. My experience so far is in one-to-one lessons.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
• IES Enric Valor, Pego (Spain), 2006-2010
- Scholar Graduate, year 2008
- High School Diploma in Science and Technology, graduated with Honours, 2008 – 2010
• University of Valencia, Valencia (Spain)
- 2010-2015 Degree in Physics, Optics and Atomic Physics specialization
- Supervised externship: Advanced Optical Instrumentation in the Optometric Clinic: Theoretical and Experimental Study of the Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT); Optometry Unit of the Lluís Alcanyís Foundation
- Final Project: Fast Axial-Scanning Widefield Microscopy with Constant Magnification and Resolution; Supervisor: Manuel Martínez Corral, at the 3D Imaging and Display Laboratory
•Johannes-Gutenberg-Universität, Mainz (Germany)
- 2016-2018, Master of Science, Physics, “Preparation and characterization of hyperpolarized 129-xenon for the Cosmic Axion Spin Precession Experiment”, Supervisor: Dmitry Budker
- February 2018 to February 2020: Physics PhD student, “First results of the Cosmic Axion Spin Precession Experiment Low- Field”, with Dmitry Budker. Unfinished.
COURSES AND WORKSHOPS
• Astrophysics Course, Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias, Valencia, October - December 2010
• Optical Fibers and Signal Processing, FOPS Annual Meeting, October 25th 2013, (Invited) University of Valencia, (Ref.: PROMETEO/2009/077)
• Communication Skills and Decision-Making Course (2nd Edition), OPAL (University of Valencia), 2013, 20 hours
• Optical Fibers and Signal Processing, FOPS Annual Meeting, October 24th 2014, (Invited) University of Valencia, (Ref.: PROMETEOII/2014/072)
• Photochemistry Workshop, October 14th 2015 – Year of Light, University of Valencia
• Participation in the project “Development and use of experimental demonstrations and materials associated to the learning in Physics of all levels”, 2015 and 2016, University of Valencia
• Intercultural Awareness and Communication – Skills transfer training for international project and conflict management, Cluster of Excellence PRISMA, JGU Mainz (Germany), 20 hours, 2016
• Effective voice training for scientists, JGU Mainz, 2019
• Member of the Astronomy Association of the University of Valencia, 2011-2015
• Private tutor for Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Languages up to A-Levels, 2012-2016
• Active participation in the Students Representation of the University of Valencia , 2013-2015
• Year 2017, 2019, 2020: Main organizer of the Mainz Summer Program Internship for Physics students
• Mentee in the ADA Lovelace program for PhD and Postdocs 2019 at Johannes Gutenberg Universität
• Conservation diver certificates on Ecological monitoring of coral reefs, Thailand 2020
• PADI Dive Master Pro diver, Thailand 2020
GRANTS AND INTERNSHIPS
• SEACAVA Summer Program (concealed information).09.2015, collaboration PANDA Experiment at FAIR, at the Institut für Kernphysik, Johannes Gutenberg Universität, in Mainz (Germany)
• Internship at Cluster of Excellence “Precision Physics, Fundamental Interactions and Structure of Matter (PRISMA)” at JGU Mainz 12.01.2016- 13.03.2016, Cosmic Axion Spin Precession Experiment (CASPEr), with Prof.Dmitry Budker.
• Internship at Helmholtz-Institut Mainz (HIM), 01.04.2016- 31.07.2016, Cosmic Axion Spin Precession Experiment (CASPEr) with Prof.Dmitry Budker.
• Korea Undergraduate Science Program at Korean Advanced Institute for Science and Technology (KAIST), Daejeon (South Korea), (concealed information).08.2016
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, other sciences lessons for all!
Taking logic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$10|