I offer both virtual and in-person (socially distanced and masked) tutoring sessions for students at all levels in the areas of Maths, Physics, and general science. My tutoring is tailored to your needs and according to my philosophy, no science is too great that we cannot conquer as long as you are willing to learn.
I am an enthusiastic lover of science, particularly numbers. My love of science led me to obtain a PhD. in Physics and two master's degrees; one in Physics and the other in Mathematical science. I have been a teacher for 5 years now. My students have moved ahead to conquer exams that they once felt were impossible to succeed in.
1. Elementary school: $20
2. High school students: $20
2. College students: $30
The Open University, Milton Keynes, United Kingdom. (2016 - 2020)
PhD in Experimental Quantum Optics and Atomic Physics.
University of Trieste, Italy. (2014 -2016)
M.Sc. in Theoretical Physics (Cum Laude).
African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS), Cameroon. (2013-2014)
M.Sc. in Mathematical Sciences (Distinction)
Lagos State University (LASU), Ojo, Lagos State, Nigeria. (2007-2011)
B.Sc. in Physics: First Class (Honours)
Cold Atoms Laboratory, The Open University, Walton Hall, Milton Keynes, UK. (Oct. 2016 – Nov. 2020)
∗ PhD research project: Investigating coherent light-atom interactions in Rydberg systems.
∗ Developed test, characterization and calibration algorithm for optical components and systems.
∗ Performed analysis and diagnosis of highly complex optical problems.
∗ I rebuilt the Rydberg excitation laser systems and optical components to make them more resistant to
instabilities or vibrations, environmental temperature fluctuations, electronic temperature and current
∗ I rebuilt the magneto-optical and optical dipole traps laser systems and optical components to double the
trapped atom number and produced a denser atom cloud that is more efficient for Rydberg blocked phenomenon.
∗ I analysed large numerical and image experimental data into usable information for research papers,
presentations and technical documents.
R&D Engineer (Graduate Placement)
Cerulean, Milton Keynes, UK. (Sep. 2019 – Dec. 2019)
∗ Collaborated with other engineers to develop and design motion controller electronics and processors for
electromechanical and motion devices.
∗ I developed computer programmes to control electromechanical and motion devices such as puff engines
and measurement engines.
∗ Created numerical models for successfully designed electromechanical devices and components.
∗ I did quantitative and analytic research on measurement processes in linear smoking machines.
University of Trieste/ Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare (INFN), Trieste, Italy. (May 2016 - July 2016)
∗ M.Sc. Research Project: Modelling of a phenomenological fully quantum effective description of photon-phonon interactions in pump-probe experiments.
∗ Research achievement: I modelled the interaction between photons and phonons for both laser pumping and probing processes with a single non-gauge invariant phenomenological Hamiltonian. This was an extension to a previously proposed gauge variant Hamiltonian.
Department of Physics, Benue State University, Makurdi, Benue State, Nigeria. (July 2012 - June 2013)
∗ I was a key member of the team of laboratory technologists and assistants that plan, conduct and coordinate all undergraduate laboratory activities and sessions.
∗ I handled the administrative tasks of a procurement officer for the laboratory and an assistant examination officer for that department.
- I established detailed procedures to ensure a trouble-free operation of the examinations system
and ensured one of the quickest releases of the students’ results ever recorded.
El-Supreme Private School, Igbogbo, Lagos State, Nigeria. (Feb. 2010 - May 2012)
∗ I prepared and taught Mathematics (both Junior and Senior sections), Further Mathematics and Physics lessons. I also methodically simplified lesson plans in line with the curriculum objectives.
∗ I conducted engaging regular physics practical sessions to enable the physical implementation of theoretical lessons. I evaluated and graded students’ laboratory work and papers.
∗ I prepared, administered and graded class-works, assignments, tests and examinations, gave appropriate feedback and maintained records of students’ improvement.
• Reporting and facilitating
– Strong verbal, writing and communication skills.
– Good knowledge impartation skills with an ability to simplify complex concepts and ideologies.
– Enthusiastic presenter with good technical and business reporting skills.
• Experienced in modelling, data analysis and control in a host of computer environments
– Large numerical data analysis using Origin Pro, MATLAB, Python and Excel.
– Theoretical modelling using Mathematica.
– Control of motion devices using Python-Raspberry Pi programming.
– Optical image processing and analysis using MATLAB.
– Control of experiment sequence, laser electronics and devices using LabVIEW.
– 2D and 3D drawing preparation with Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD.
• Laser and optical systems
– Operation and alignment of visible and NIR laser systems and setup of optical components and systems.
– Designing, building, testing, characterizing and calibrating new optical and experimental systems.
– Handling vacuum equipment.
• Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
– Knowledge of Agile project, software testing and defect management tools such as JIRA and Azure
– Knowledgeable use of software development programming languages such as Python and Java.
– Knowledge of product release processes and quality assurance goals.
• Expert in the use of MS-Suite, LATEX and Adobe Creative Cloud Collections.
• Laser Safety Training: Cold Atoms Laboratory, The Open University, Milton Keynes, United Kingdom (Oct. 2016).
• TwinCAT 3 Programmable Logic Controller (TC3 PLC) + Motion Training: Beckhoff New Automation Technology Centre, Huntingdon, United Kingdom (10-12 Sep. 2019).
AWARDS, PRIZES AND HONOURS
• Best Graduating Student, African Institute for Mathematical Sciences, AIMS-Cameroon - 2014.
• Best Graduating Student, Faculty of Science, Lagos state University - 2012.
• Best Graduating Student, Department of Physics, Lagos state University - 2012.
• Molade Okoya Thomas Award for Excellence - 2012.
• Lagos State University Scholar - 2008/2009, 2009/2010, 2010/2011.
• Best Graduating Student, Zumratul Islamiyyah Grammar School – 2005.
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||$30|
|5 hours||Not available||$120||$150|
|10 hours||Not available||$270||$300|