I base my lessons on teaching my students the essentials of English, so that they can survive everyday life here in Pittsburgh. I like incorporating American and Pittsburgh slang into lessons, and working with my students so that they can adapt to life in Pittsburgh.
I am in my fourth year at the University of Pittsburgh majoring in Linguistics and Spanish and learning Russian. I've taught ESL at an English Academy in Buenos Aires, Argentina and at the English Language Institute here at Pitt! I've taught students age 6-56 and I've worked one on one, and instructed classes of up to 10 students.
-University of Pittsburgh
Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences
Class of 2020
Majors: Linguistics and Spanish
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Study Abroad Summer 2018
- Intern for Voci Technologies in Pittsburgh (January 2019 – present)
o Segmented and annotated Spanish transcripts to identify sentiment bearing constituents
o Reviewed and edited machine generated summaries for call relevance
- Student Worker at the English Language Institute at the University of Pittsburgh (August 2018 – present)
o Helped international students, filed paperwork, helped organize events, and cleaned classrooms
- ESL Teacher / Intern at Centro de Idiomas in Buenos Aires, Argentina (May 2018 – June 2018)
o Taught classes of Argentinian students ages 6-18 English reading, writing, and speaking
o Prepared lessons for my 4 daily classes each night
- Child Care Provider at University of Pittsburgh University Child Development Center (January 2018 - May 2018)
o Cared for and played with infants and toddlers under age 5
- Server at Talamore Country Club (May 2017 - August 2017)
o Served poolside members by taking orders, bussing food, cleaning facility
o Worked member functions by serving hors d'oeuvres and setting dining rooms
HONORS / AWARDS
- Current President of National Honors Fraternity Phi Sigma Pi
- Dean’s List (all semesters attended)
- Estonian Students Fund Scholarship
VOLUNTEER / LEADERSHIP
- Volunteer at Global Links in Pittsburgh (February 2018- present)
o Sorted and labeled medical supplies to be sent to countries in need
- Volunteer at the Birmingham Free Clinic in South Side as a medical interpreter (November 2018)
o Worked one-on-one with Hispanic patients who needed medical assistance, but could not speak English
- Volunteer for English Language Institute (October 2016- April 2018)
o Conversation Partner: helped an international Spanish-speaking student learn English once a week
o Campus Conversation Course: taught an ESL class to foreign adults twice a week for 75 min periods
- Active member of Estonian folk dance group “Saare Vikat” (September 2017 – present)
o Practice in NYC once a month with other American-Estonians to perform at festivals/ events
- Active in Estonian Girl Guides (2013 - present)
o Estonian Scout Overnight Camp leader at international jamboree (summer 2016)
- Participated in high school Spanish Exchange program in 10th and 12th grades, both as a host-family and exchange student in Galicia, Spain
- Spanish (advanced)
- Russian (low intermediate)
- Estonian (high beginner)
- Python (low beginner)
vocabulary - english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest ESL lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$20||$20|