Learning must be hands-on.
Use visuals and images.
Offer opportunities to differentiate learning.
Ask students to explain/verbalize their learning and ideas.
Make connections to real-world scenarios.
Check prior knowledge and successfully connect with new concepts.
Check students understanding frequently
I possess a sound knowledge of Mathematics and an extensive understanding of mathematics and continue to learn the beauty of the subject. An engaging educator who persuades and motivates students to believe that Mathematics is a powerful tool for success.
1. To obtain a teaching position that will utilize my dedication to students’ educational needs and improvement as well staff development.
2. To build a long-term career as a higher education instructor that offers opportunities for career growth and to keep up with cutting-edge teaching technologies.
3. To encourage creativity and higher-order thinking in a way that increases students’ academic achievement and teachers’ performance.
Building Level/Principal Certificate (in progress)
Arkansas State University, Jonesboro, AK
May 2021 (anticipated completion)
Educational Leadership in Curriculum and Instruction
Arkansas State University, Jonesboro, AK
May 16, 2020
Master of Arts in Education-Teaching and Learning
Avila University, Kansas City, MO
Graduated: May 12, 2011
MS in Special Education-Adaptive Education- Mild to Moderate Disabilities
Wichita State University, Wichita, KS
May 2011- 36 units
Bachelor of Science in Education-Secondary Education
Harvardian Colleges San Fernando, Pampanga, Philippines
March 2005- 21 units
Master of Art in Teaching-Mathematics
Bulacan State University Malolos, Bulacan, Philippines
March 1997- 15 unit
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
Bulacan State University, Malolos, Bulacan, Philippines
April 5, 1991
● Missouri State Board of Education
○ Mathematics 5-9 (Career Continuous Professional Certificate)
○ Mathematics 6-12 (Career Continuous Professional Certificate)
○ Mild to Moderate Disabilities PK-12(Career Continuous Professional Certificate)
○ English for Speakers of Other Languages (Career Continuous Professional Certificate)
● Colorado State Board of Education
○ Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education (K-12) (Professional Certificate)
○ Mathematics Education (7-12) (Professional Certificate)
○ Special Education Generalist (5-21) (Professional Certificate)
Current Teaching Responsibilities:
Participates in curriculum review and design.
Employs a variety of effective instructional strategies consistent with lesson objectives.
Diagnoses and evaluates student abilities and progress in a timely and consistent manner
Monitors student progress and adjusts instruction accordingly.
Plans a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning.
Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
● Northland Summer Externship Experience
● Facilitated a Training/Workshop about Cooperative Learning with 30-40 Filipino Teachers, September 2006
● Explore and Learn Professional Teaching Techniques, February 4, 2008
● STEPs 1 Project-Based Learning and Technology, January 14, 2008
● Breakthroughs 201 Strategies on How to Deal with Difficult Students, November 13-14, 2008
● Response to Intervention Strategies, January 29, 2009
● SPED Non -Violent Crisis Intervention Training, November 29, 2007
● Power of 2 – Tools to Use for Co-planning and Co-teaching, November 15, 2007
● National Association of Special Education Teachers
● Omega Gamma Chi, National Honor Society in Special Education
● Kansas National Education Association
● Missouri Alternative Education Network
● South Central Kansas Association of Teachers of Mathematics
● Council for Exceptional Children
● Connect Mentoring Program (Kansas City, MO)
● Boys and Girls Club (Wichita, KS)
● Toastmaster International
Published Research Papers
● Improving the Math Skills of Special Education Students
International Journal of Advanced Research in Education & Technology (IJARET) Vol. 3, Issue 2 (April - June 2016)
● The Effectiveness of Using Technology to Teach and Assess Performance in Mathematics among Students with Special Education Needs
Imperial Journal Interdisciplinary Research 2, 98-103 Vol-2, Issue-7, 2016 ISSN: 2454-1362
● Improving the Academic Performance of Special Education Students from Economically Disadvantaged Communities
International Journal of Development Research Vol. 06, Issue, 06, pp. 8200-8203, June, 2016
● The Impacts of Co-Teaching on Academic Performance of Special Needs Students from Economically Disadvantaged Communities
International Journal of Advanced Research (2016), Volume 4, Issue 6, 1495-1500
Boys and Girls Club, Wichita, Kansas
Mentor- Connect Mentoring Program, Kansas City
Peer Mentoring (Special Education Support)
Mentor- Student Teacher
English – Fluent
Filipino - Fluent
Spanish - Basic
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$25|