My classes start with a warm up that focuses on strengthening flexibility, muscles and technique. After 'Warm-up', technique and choreography are broken down to also strengthen the students dance skill and then we end with a cool down stretch to relax the muscles.
I am a Dance Teacher/Choreographer, giving private and public lessons since 2004. Teaching Creative Movement to 2-4 year old's, Beginner's-Intermediate Level Ballet, Contemporary Modern, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Liturgical (Praise-Dance), Step and Yoga to ages 5 to adult. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Dance with a minor in Education.
My rates are the same at any level. Rates increase if tutorial is not via web.
Passionate, multifaceted, and licensed educator, primarily serving as a Dance Teacher, with 10 years of instructing children ages 2-18. Proven ability aid in the growth and development of students, with learners reaching new levels of academic and personal success. Possess experience as a tutor, helping students grasp common core subject matter. Dedicated to enhancing the learning experience for all pupils through differentiated instruction and the continuous evolution of courses, programs, and educational environments.
Education and Credentials
B.A. in Dance, minor in Education / Africana Studies, CUNY – Herbert H. Lehman College, Bronx, NY, 2017
Childcare License, current
First Aid Certificate, current
Innerforce Early Childhood Learning Center, New York, NY
Dance Teacher, 7/2017 to Present
Lead multiple dance classrooms with diverse student populations, with learners being ages 2-13. Design and plan lessons, activities, exercises, and additional materials that enhance students’ comprehension of dance techniques, concepts, and history, studying various dance styles. Additionally, educate students on how anatomy, physiology, health, and lifestyle, impact or are incorporated into the world of dance. Within each class, demonstrate proper mechanics, assess the progress and performance of pupils, and inspire learners to follow their passion for dance.
• During the Covid-19 pandemic, lead classes via online web tutorials, utilizing Google Classroom and Zoom.
• Serve as the Choreographer / Artistic Director for all Winter and Summer Culminating Events. For winter recitals and spring graduation ceremonies, acted as the sole choreographer, oversaw costume design, managed lighting, and controlled video and music editing.
• Additionally, function as an After-school Homework Tutor, assisting children, grades K-6, with math, science, and language art- related subject matter and assignments.
• Recognized with the “Best Teacher Award” in the summer of 2019.
A Child’s Place Too, Brooklyn, NY
Teacher’s Assistant, 9/2013 to 3/2014
In partnership with the lead teacher, established and maintained a safe, fun, and educational environment in which preschoolers and kindergarteners thrived and reach new levels of academic, mental, social, and personal growth and development. Assisted with lesson planning, reinforced concepts via working with students one-on-one or in groups, offered academic support to bilingual students, co-managed the classroom, and was integral to tracking and reporting on learner progress. Occasionally, led lessons and incorporated differentiated instruction that met the needs of each learner.
• Additionally, served as an afterschool tutor.
New Settlement Apartments, Bronx, NY
Dance Teacher, 1/2007 to 2/2011
Instructed pupil, ages 6-18, on various dance techniques and educated students on various dance styles. Enhanced the abilities of each student via trainings, practices, and choreographed dances / performances. Assessed the techniques of each dancer and provided feedback and motivation that inspired students to maximize their potential. For dance performances, taught dancers original, expressive, and fundamentally sound routines. Additionally, to aid in the success of the program, spearheaded fundraising events which secured funding and raised awareness of the program.
• Focused primarily on Ballet and Hip-Hop dancing styles.
• Performed original choreography at local schools, colleges, and prestigious institutions including, Brooklyn College, Lehman College, and The Bronx Arts Museum.
• Within New Settlement Apartments, gained experience working in every department.
• Served as an Afterschool Tutor.
Customer Service Rep / Front of House Staff / Front Desk Greeter, Juice Press / SOHO Strength Lab, New York, NY, 2014 to 2/2017
Assistant Manager, Citizens Choice Energy / IDT Sales, Bronx and Rochester, NY, 7/2012 to 2/2013
Student Intern / Choreographer, Young Dancemakers Company, New York, NY, 7/2003 to 8/2007
Organizations / Extracurricular Activities
Choreographer / Company Member, Hip-Hop Theory, 1/2008 to Present
Guest Artist, Abrons Arts Center, 1/2017
• For the American Realness Series, performed with choreography provided by Wendell Copper and Slim Ninja.
Guest Artist, WRT (We Run This Dance Company) – Sybarite Productions and World of Dance Tour, 2014
• Choreography provided by David Thomas and the Broadway Dance Center.
Scholarship Recipient / Repertory Member, The Hip-Hop Dance Conservatory, 6/2009 to 11/2009
Scholarship Recipient / Repertory Member, The CityKids Foundation Inc., 9/2005 to 12/2008
• Served as a summer intern with the Penguin Publishing Company in the Contracts Department.
dance lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest hip hop dance lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, contemporary dance lessons for all!
Taking ballet lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||$20|
|5 hours||Not available||$130||$100|
|10 hours||Not available||$250||$200|