I am a very cheerful and creative person so my approach has always been based on creating positive atmosphere in my class. I always try to become friends with my student so they can trust me and have their goal archived as soon as possible. I’ve been working with people different ages and backgrounds. Depending on their goal I plan our journey in a perfect way to make every single one of my clients feel special.
I have a degree in Linguistics. I’m an experienced teacher. I’ve worked in a couple of language schools, HSE university and as a personal tutor. My students archived their goals becoming more fluent in English, getting better grades in school and just having fun learning something new.
Teacher at LLC "SPb Repetitor', Saint Petersburg (November 2015 — Present):
- teaching English as a second language for children and adults;
- preparing for IELTS, TOEFL and other exams;
- provided optimal instruction and academic support to students; - worked one-on-one with students to address their specific needs;
Lecturer at National Research University Higher School of Economics, Saint Petersburg (September 2017 — June 2018)
- lecturing on topics: language evolution, language philosophy and academic writing;
- working with high school students who wanted to know more about linguistics;
- promoted critical thinking skills by implementing strengthening exercises where appropriate.
Teacher at Educational Centre "Ave Lingva", Saint Petersburg (September 2018 — June 2019)
- teaching English as a second language for children and adults; - preparing for IELTS, TOEFL and other exams;
- planned group work to encourage team-building skills;
I found Iana on Facebook, she was looking for students to practice her skills in teaching Russian as a second language. I used to live in Russia for a couple of years as a part of my exchange experience. So I decided to give it a shot and never regretted it. She is a super cheerful and nice person, moreover, she is very professional. We had so much fun during the classes listening to Russian music, watching Russian youtube, and reading books. So I would definitely recommend getting Iana as your personal tutor, you will not only get a skilled professional tutor but also a good friend.
I had been looking for a perfect personal English tutor for a long time and then I found Iana's profile. She is extremely polite and professional. She always tries to find something interesting and new for our classes. When I first started taking classes with her I had elementary English level and now I am intermediate. We have only been working together for 8 months and I've already noticed a huge improvement. She loves making fun and her classes are never boring. I am so greatful for the opportunity to be one of her students. She is amazing.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$30|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$150|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$300|