The way I teach is more of an open style of teaching. I provide a guideline of the topics to be presented and then allow the learner to participate and become fully engaged in the learning process. Providing a space for learners to ask questions will enable for a more immersive learning experience.
I have taken on many roles from an IT Technician to IT Management. During all my roles have enjoyed, and excelled, at teaching and imparting my knowledge to everyone around me. Part of my roles within the organization was to build training and teach employees.
Cancellation Policy: Please cancel 24 hours before a class session begins.
Infrastructure Manager • Security Operations Manager • Network Operations Manager
An outstanding, focused IT manager with 20 plus years of technical and managerial experience influencing organizational changes to adhere to and promote audit and compliance strategies.
A diversely skilled manager with technical knowledge across many IT platforms, including basic IT knowledge to large and complex environments, and presenting leadership with a clear understanding of what “story” the metrics tell in a clear, timely and actionable ways.
An energizing, culture-focused coach and mentor. Committed to providing employees clear vision, meaningful feedback, inspiring integrity, and motiving them to attain unprecedented results. Have developed team members who, today, are senior IT members and leaders.
Focused on continued education by gaining relevant industry certification, and a plan to graduate with IT bachelor degree in May 2020, which provides current and up to date IT relevant knowledge.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Training & Mentoring
Audit & Compliance
Meridian Health ‘A Wellcare Company’, Detroit, MI January 2019 – Present
Provides government based health plans (Medicare, Medicaid, and the Health Insurance Marketplace) in multiple states
Network Operations Manager
Hired to build and establish a Network Operation for the organization by formalizing the overall group function in building process and procedures, as well as training and mentoring employees to achieve the highest level of productivity working on varied IT systems.
• Formalized the Network Operations team within target timeframe launching the group to full take on the role and functions outline per management requirements.
• Integration growth of new processes and responsibilities to take on more responsibilities and provide a larger scope of issue troubleshooting and resolution, which also involve IT Request fulfillment.
• Take on alerting and notification systems to correct system configuration and re-establish proper function of such systems, which included working with business partners to provide targeted alerting and notifications.
ITPeople Network, Detroit, MI September 2017 – January 2019
Provides IT staffing to fulfill specific client roles, focusing on IT security strategy, assessment and operations
Security Operations Manager
Acquired the position from among many candidates to build and develop an on-shore Network Operations Center, which included hiring, training, developing processes and procedures, Security tool assessments, and collaborating with security engineers and facility technicians to identify and remediate security issues and concerns.
• Created the standard processes for event handling via SEIM and email, which included all steps to complete triage and escalation when necessary.
• Successfully complete the project to build and move the Security Operations Center ticketing module, moving from SharePoint to ServiceNow to be within compliance and fulfill audit requirements.
• Continuously provided team performance metrics, including KPIs, SOC status and workload analysis to Security Directors and leadership, using that data to improve SOC productivity and efficiency.
• Involvement in three audits and contributed to the successful completion of the audit that aligned the team with compliance guidelines.
• Available at all times to all team members and management to provide direction and support to all urgent situations or critical incidents.
• Provided training and direction to the facilities team in order for the partnership to grow stronger and provide clear instructions on chain of custody.
Ally, Detroit, MI June 2013 – September 2017
A large financial institution providing banking, auto finance, home loans, investments and corporate finance services
Infrastructure Operations Manager
Joined a team as a supervisor building out the Global Command Center for Ally in order to provide monitoring and response. Moved in to a manager role to provide more processes and procedure structure to the team.
• Manage the alert handing and response providing guidelines to the analyst in all aspects of their day to day workload.
• Managed Incident and Problem management team members instilling proper documentation processes as well as root cause analysis to better understand the issues and how to avoid them in the future.
• Coordinate and facilitated P1 and P2 issues as needed to drive resolution and after action reports.
• Responsible for developing and implementing companywide Incident Priority training utilizing Lectora software.
• Developed the first internal Ally customer for IT in providing monitoring and response for Sever Weather Monitoring for Ally automobile dealers.
EDS, an HP Company, Auburn Hills, MI August 2006 – June 2013
Provides large scale IT solution for enterprise level organization across the globe ranging from services to staffing
Network Operations Team Lead
Joined the network operations team as the voice subject matter experts, but quickly acquire more skills to achieve a lead position within the group.
• Lead and escalation point for over 30 engineers providing guidance and mentorship to accomplish daily workload.
• Responsible for Severity 1 assessments and assignment ensuring the proper handling, escalation, documentation and full remediating within SLAs.
basic computer lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest computer networks lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, computer repair lessons for all!
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$25|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$125|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$250|