I study Psychology with Criminology at Loughborough University, and I tutor students from GCSE to A-level in Psychology. I tailor each tutorial according to the individual's needs, with an emphasis on exam technique. If the student is looking for general help, lessons would be approached by using the specification as a template in order to cover all areas, with each session focussing on a topic. By the end of the session, I usually would finish with practice exam questions.
I am a Psychology student at Loughborough University, offering high-quality Psychology lessons to A-level standard. I have previous experience facilitating others in both Geography and Psychology, and I achieved an A* in Psychology A-level, with the psychology award at my college. If your looking for a friendly, approachable, high-quality tutor in this field please contact me!
I am unable to conduct any tutorials past 20:00 PM. In the rare case that I may have to cancel a tutorial, a full refund will be given if pre-paid. In the case where a student cancels a tutorial 24 hours before the scheduled lesson and has pre-paid a full refund will also be given. Any lessons cancelled after the 24 hour period, will be subject to a £5 charge. If a student wishes to cancel any tutorials that have been purchased through multiple lessons, e.g. 5 hours for £80, the tutorial can be rescheduled. In the case of wishing to cancel a set of tutorials that have been purchased, if not cancelled 24 hours prior to the first one tutorial a £10 fee will be charged, otherwise, a full refund can be given.
2017 – Present: Loughborough University
BSc Psychology with Criminology First Year 2:1
Subjects studied include: Academic and Professional Skills, Crime and Social Welfare, Biological Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Developmental Psychology, Qualitative Research Methods, Quantitative Research Methods, Social Psychology, Historical and Conceptual issues in Psychology, Criminology and Social Policy.
2015 – 2017: Gordons School, Woking
A Levels in Biology (C), Psychology (A*), Geography(A)
AS Level in Maths (D)
2010 – 2015: Farnborough Hill, Farnborough
10 GCSEs including Maths (A), English literature (A) and English Language (B) – 2xA*, 5xA, 3xB
Sep 2016 – Sep 2018 Part-time Sales Assistant – Seasonal Temp at Waitrose, Bagshot
• Trained to work in multiple departments, but specialised on food counters, which included meat and fish, deli and bakery
• Worked efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment, especially on the Bakery counter
• I was responsible for maintaining hygiene standards and providing excellent customer service at all times.
• Learnt to deal with a range of customers and the importance of maintaining standards
• Recognised by customers for good and pleasant service.
July 2016 Psychology - Assistant at Hudson Global Resources, London
• A week’s work experience at Hudson, assisting staff in Hudson Talent Management.
• Observing assessments of clients using a case study, recording and analysing observed assessments, proofing reports and phoning companies
• I developed my communication skills and time management, which are vital when working with others in a busy environment.
Jan – April 2016: Lifeguard at Arena Leisure Centre, Camberley
• Responsibilities included strict supervision over the pool to ensure the safety of the customers, dealing with injuries and any health risks, and ensuring high cleanliness of the poolside area and changing rooms.
• Setting up children's parties and the equipment needed for sports clubs.
• I learnt the importance of being aware and acting quickly.
• This role taught me how to work successfully in action with others.
POSITIONS OF RESPONSIBILITY
2016 – 2017 Sixth Form Prefect at Gordons School, Woking
• Supporting teachers during lunch and dinner time allowed me to develop effective communication methods for each individual need.
• The use of effective communication skills allowed me to help guide younger students in their academics and to lead groups during events held at the school.
• It was essential to show leadership skills as I was often in charge of running small groups of younger students or adults during events.
2014 – 2015 Assistant Swimming Coach at Farnborough Hill, Farnborough
• I volunteered as a swimming coach to the younger pupils after school for an hour each week.
• I developed my organisational skills as I had to set up a session each week.
• This role allowed me to see how I helped the younger students progress.
2016 – 2017 Volunteering in Geography classes at Gordons School, Woking
• I volunteered in Geography lessons helping the teacher with the younger students.
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
Sixth-form Psychology Award at Gordons School
National Pool Lifeguard Qualification, Level 2 Award in Pool Lifeguarding, Intervention, Supervision and Rescue QCF
Teamwork: I have successfully been a part of teams in both my work history and in extra-curricular activities. I have been recognised on multiple occasions for excellent teamwork.
Communication: From my work experience in Waitrose and assisting as a swimming coach, I developed good communication skills. During my time at Waitrose, clear communication was essential to address customer queries and to establish effective teamwork. As an assistant swimming coach, it was important to be clear in what I was asking and to tailor each communication method according to each pupil.
Interpersonal: I have developed this skill from all my past work experience, in particular as a Supermarket Assistant, it was important to establish relationships with colleagues to get work done efficiently. In addition, during my time at Hudson Global Resources, I found my interpersonal skills extremely useful as I was able to ask questions on unfamiliar areas and gain knowledge.
Available on request
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$27||$23|
|5 hours||Not available||$106||$113|
|10 hours||Not available||$199||$226|