History comes alive in my lessons! I teach students from primary school up through college helping them to understand historical events, to fine tune their research, and to edit their papers or study for exams. So let's get started!
I've given private lessons for the past seven years to over 30 students. They improved greatly both in their study habits and in their writing allowing them to advance in their schools and work place. I also worked to edit history papers of university professors which were later published. I have lots of theory and practical experience!
Central European University, Budapest, Hungary
Master of Arts, History
Graduation Date: June 2015
University of St Andrews, Scotland, UK
Master of Letters, Central and East European Studies
Graduation Date: November 2012
Covenant College, Lookout Mountain, GA, USA
Bachelor of Arts awarded Magna cum laude, History with a Minor in Community Development
Graduation date: May 2010
Open Society Archives, Budapest, Hungary
Adam Muller- Guttenbrunn Library, Timișoara, Romania
Areopagus Library, Timișoara, Romania
Friedrich Teutsch Kulturzentrum Archives, Sibiu, Romania
Romanian Community and European Identity Conference [Conferinţa Comunităţi Româneşti şi identitatea Europeana], August 2010, Sulina, Romania
Published Academic History Articles:
• “The Struggle of Fortinbras and Horatio in Romania: Removal and Re-collection of the Communist Past in Romanian Museums,” Sprawy Narodowościowe 42 (2013): 37-50.
• “Between exclusion and inclusion: Romanian Germans in post-war Romania,” Australian Slavonic and East European Studies 28/1-2 (2014): 155-177.
• “Interpreting Conversion: Nineteenth Century Messianic Jewish Leaders in the Struggle for Legitimacy,” Kesher 29 (Summer/Fall 2015): 95-103.
• Mae Carol Jemison Biography forthcoming in 2017
International Association of Professional Writers and Editors 2015-Present
Society for Romanian Studies Member 2010-Present
• Contributed to the Soundbites section of the newsletter on Romanian film and literature
South East European Studies Association Member 2010-2014
Instructor January 2017- Present
Writing with Kris, (concealed information)
• Create and implement engaging lesson plans
• Evaluate student progress and equip students with analytical tools to improve their work
Library Page October 2015- Present
Sacramento Public Library, Citrus Heights, CA, USA
• Assisted staff and patrons to obtain desired material
• Checked-in, sorted, shelved library materials to maintain efficient work flow
Volunteer Editor January 2015- Present
Directory of Open Access Journals, doaj.org
• Supervise a group of 7 associate editors to efficiently review applications to the Directory
• Guiding applicants in how to successfully incorporate requirements onto their websites
Freelance Writer May 2010-September 2011; September 2013-Present
Suite 101.com; Barbour Publishing; WorldAtlas.com; Red Line Editorial
• Contributed engaging articles on history, film, poetry, and world cultures
• Authored and compiled religious devotionals and planners
Instructional Assistant April 2013- July 2014
Los Rios Community College, Sacramento, CA
• Tutored students to acquire necessary study skills through the Learning Resource Center and the Science Skills Center, implemented lessons, and graded student work
• Assisted Coordinator to develop surveys, resource catalogs, and promote available online resources for student and faculty success
• Charted and analyzed data of student progress
House and Publicity Manager August 2008-May 2010
Covenant College Department of Theatre and Films Studies, Lookout Mountain, GA
• Coordinated the layout of the production programs, posters, and tickets; scheduled meetings with director and artists to attain appropriate artwork for marketing campaigns
• Promoted theatre productions to major media sources and local businesses
Volunteer Teacher and Tutor, August 2009- September 2011; September 2012- Present
• Prepared and implemented lesson plans for ages six through ten
• Edited papers of college students and assisted them with organization, sentence fluency, and word choice
• Experienced in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and online learning services (Moodle, D2L, Blackboard)
• Dependable and motivated instructor
• Attentive to detail
• Fluent in English (Native), Romanian, Spanish; beginner/intermediate in German; beginner in Hungarian
Perfect! Lemima is an excellent tutor and explains material very well. She is patient, well-organised and motivated. Her warm and friendly attitude makes lessons very enjoyable and I would definitely recommend her as a tutor.
Thank you so much Anna! It was a pleasure to work with you and I wish you all the best in your future studies!
She is knowledgeable, dependable, and committed. Her proofreading was always thorough and accurate. Whatever the paper might be about, she always suggested how it might be better. Listening to her always made them 100% better.
history lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest general knowledge lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, art history lessons for all!
Taking social studies lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|