I like to teach by examples and projects. Many of my students have become self-sufficient programmers and work on high-tier open source projects. I give advice on multiple facets of the industry ranging from research to internships. I follow a strict teaching course and make sure my students achieve what they set out to do.
I am computer science student with research experience in the python domain for over 5 years. I have worked on projects with Intel and other high caliber research institutions. I have been teaching Python for two years and love it.
B.S. in Computer Science and Applied Mathematics and Minor in English
Relevant courses: CS 251 Data Structures and Algorithms, CS 471 Intro to AI
West Virginia University
Lead Researcher and Database Manager
West Lafayette, IN May 2021
August 2016 to Present
• Building approaches for genome based prediction using telomere, SNP, and other genetical data. Working under Dr. Donald Adjeroh.
• Developed a novel approach to classify and detect thoughts using electroencephalography (EEG) and machine learning techniques; invited to present at multiple conference such as the Undergraduate Research Day at Capitol (Charleston, WV), won the Intel excellence in Computer Science Award, invited to present at Intel International Science and Engineering Fair.
• Used MATLAB and Python for model construction and data visualization. Poster link: (concealed information)
• Built database for the Physics Department to map properties of various materials using MySQL and PHP. Database facilitates
machine learning to find unknown properties and behavior of materials for varying parameters.
Purdue University Janurary 2019 - Present
Research Assistant and Tutor West Lafayette, IN
• Utilizing Creo and Tensorflow, our team is developing a way to model complex objects using simple engineering parts. Headed by Dr. Karthik Ramani
• Tutor for ECE 29595 - Data Science; Provided one-on-one tutoring in Python that incorpated standard ML and visualization libraries (SciPy, MatPlotLib)
PROJECTS, ACTIVITIES, AND AWARDS
Comma AI September 2018 - Present
• Built a reccurent neural network, that takes dash cam footage as input along with speed in each frame, and builds a predictive model to calculate speed given another dash came footage. (concealed information)
FlyFare – Alexa Skillset November 2018 HackPrinceton
• Leveraging Alexa, Fly Fare utilizes voice commands to search for and book the most affordable flights. Additionally, it learns the preferences of the users and suggests dates when travel would be optimal using the Predictive Analytics Engine of Google Cloud.
• Category Finalist for Best Machine Learning project - AWS and Python
Computer Vision - Mobile App 2017
• Developed a method to indicate the probability of having a stroke based of facial features and visual analysis. West Virginia Regional Science Fair Second Place. Java
• Video Link: (concealed information) LEADERSHIP
Purdue January 2019 to present Communication Director + Frequent Presenter + BoilerMake Hackathon Developer
• Hold monthly presentations on various topics related to machine learning. Lecture notes can be found on (concealed information)
• Manage social media and contacting sponsors for various club and sponsor events at Purdue.
• Organizer of Purdue’s premier hackathon and web developer. In-charge of building website and web related tools for communication
between participants and event organizers.
OpenEEG Algo September 2018 to present
• A premier open source project dedicated to building efficient and better models for processing EEG signals for implementations in future brain-computer interfaces. (concealed information)
LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/viraatdas GitHub: github.com/viraatdas
C lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest C++ lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, python lessons for all!
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|