- Hourly rate $20
- Response Time 5h
- Number of students 5
1st lesson free!
Qualified & Experienced Mandarin Teacher gives Online Mandarin Course (Kids & Adults) - Learn Mandarin in a super fun and easy way
- New York
Vera is one of our best tutors Chinese. They have a high-quality profile, verified qualifications, a quick response time, and great reviews from students!
About the lesson
- Use both English & Chinese.
- Teach useful impressions from real interesting daily scenarios.
- Experienced teacher.
- All level includes Kids & Adults.
- Interesting & inspiring learning materials.
- Focusing on individual student's strength and requirements.
- Friendly and interactive way of learning that will encourage students to learn with passion.
- Flexible time schedule.
- Provide feedback on the student's progress.
- Schedule and carry out customized lessons .
- Plan, prepare and deliver lessons on a one-to-one basis.
General Mandarin 通用中文.
️Business Mandarin 商务中文.
Daily Mandarin 日常中文.
Academic Mandarin 学术中文.
️Chinese songs 中文歌曲.
HSK 1－6 HSK 标准汉语.
Each lesson I'll teach you trending sentences and phrases, and useful popular sentences that are most frequently used. Show you how to read and understand them. Use interesting and useful topics. Use real daily scenarios to ensure it's really useful for you, no matter you want to talk with your friends and colleagues, or want to take HSK, or boost your career. 每节课我会教你很多常用句型词组，其中包括网络流行用语以及非常有用的常见句子和词汇。我会在课上教你听，说，理解这些句子及词汇，并用生活中的实际场景教你怎样正确运用。无论你想和你的朋友或者同事交谈，这会对你很有帮助， 让我们开始这个奇妙的旅程吧！
Business topics: Project management, Project lifecycle, Project meeting, Office manner, Company culture, Make a call, Interview, etc. …
Common topics: Go to school, Hanging out, Library, Traveling, Cooking, Book flight and hotel, Instruments, Books, Movies, Chinese traditional holidays and culture, etc. …
Academic topics: Math, Physics, Information Technology, Software, etc. …
- Vocabulary - Chinese
- Oral expression - Chinese
Listening comprehension - Chinese
Writing comprehension - Chinese
- All Levels
- Mandarin Native Speaker
- Fluent English
- Master degree
- Qualified Mandarin teacher
- Years of teaching experiences
- Excellent feedbacks from students in US/UK/France/Spain/Canada etc.
- Based in Shanghai and flexible time schedule
- A inspiring teacher to keep your enthusiasm for learning.
- A responsible teacher and ensure you get solid improvement.
- Patient and friendly.
- Good at singing, I can teach you Chinese Songs, as a fun way to learn Mandarin.
Perfect! Well, Vera is amazing. Very patient me trying to be perfect and failing. She's pretty amazing
- Vera's response : Erin can understand new phrases quickly, just practice more on the 2&4 tone, like 好久不见, 不是... Well done in today's class, keep up the good work.
View more reviews
My daughter really enjoyed her lesson, she is well prepared and inspiring. Excellent, thank you!
Vera has a big passion and has an easy way to explain words! Highly recommended!
Vera has trained me to be more confident to speak Chinese and I can learn a lot from her. Thank you!
It is easy to learn Chinese with a good teacher. Vera is the one! Highly recommend!
Absolutely wonderful! Vera is very friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable! She has helped me improve my speaking and listening skills and become more confident communciating in Chinese. I would recommend Vera to anyone who wishes to improve their Chinese!
Vera is a wonderful teacher, she always goes at my pace but also pushes me to challenge myself. She provides a relaxing, fun and individualised teaching environment where I feel comfortable sharing questions i might have. I'm grateful that I have her classes to look forward to every week! I highly recommend her to those interested in Chinese lessons :)
I studied with Vera老师 for about 3 months. She is beyond brilliant. My Mandarin situation is quite complex, I know the culture but I'm missing a lot of the basics. Vera created materials that fit my needs, including great homework, and within a couple months I was able to take the HSK1 exam. I wholeheartedly recommend Vera to anyone want to learn Chinese from scratch or pick it up again.
Vera is the best. She iz enthusiastic, organized, and offers interactive lessons that combine speaking, reading and writing. She makes sure to tailor lessons to students' needs and skillsets and makes lessons fun!
Vera is doing a great job in terms of helping me improve. She is very patient and caring. She also gives homework and reviews to gauge wheee you need more work. Awesome teacher.
Vera is an excellent mandarin teacher. She is flexible in her teaching style and would be a great choice for adults or children. I give her my highest recommendation.
I am a professional looking to improve on my mandarin pronunciation. I enjoyed my lessons with Vera and could feel my improvements over the last 3 months. Vera is a highly experienced and knowledgeable teacher. She could precisely find out all my issues and patiently help me to correct them one by one. Highly recommend to all who is looking for a reliable and encouraging mandarin teacher!
Vera is an excellent teacher and very patient. She adjust the level according to the students ability and progress without compromising on steady progress. She is very pleasant and as well a lot of fun to work with and I can highly recommend her to anyone who wants to learn Chinese.
Excellent lesson! 谢谢老师！老师很有耐心也很专业。Vera is not only lively and upbeat but also quick with corrections and explanations. Already booked the next class! 强烈推荐给大家！
Vera is really nice and helpful. She is also very patient, and gave excellent real life examples. Already booked my next class!
Vera was really helpful, she prepared a lot of very useful/related information, she was friendly, patient and understanding, highly recommended for anyone!
Great lesson, helped with my pronunciation and understood what I was trying to say very well. Have already booked my next one!
Very good Chinese teacher
View more recommendations
- 5h: $99
- 10h: $198
Find out more about Vera
1) Do you speak this language fluently because of your origins or because a teacher inspired you to learn?
I speak Mandarin fluently because I was born and raised in China, so I'm a 100% native speaker. Also I have a great teacher during my childhood to inspire me to get to know the beauty of my own culture.
2) Can you name a living, historical or fictional character that you think is the emblematic representative of the language's culture?
Kongzi for sure, a wisdom man, I really enjoyed his articles even if they're written in ancient Chinese.
3) Is there a typical word, phrase, tradition or behaviour in the language that you particularly like?
4) Why does speaking this language matter to you?
I think Mandarin is a connotative language and hope more and more people get to know this ancient and mysterious culture. A language is like a bridge, it brings people together even if they are actually have different culture and background, it's just amazing.
What is the main difficulty in learning this language and what can help the process of learning?
For starters, the difficulty is the different tones for even same character, also different meaning for same words, and some set phrases and oral phrases.
6) Provide a valuable anecdote related to your language learning or your days at school.
I'm good at writing, so I writed several articles during my high school, it's really fun even though I never published them.
7) How has travel or a specific trip helped you to increase your skill and knowledge of the language?
There are many dialect in China, so I like talking to local people, to learn their dialect and get to their different culture.
8) What makes you a Superprof in language?
I'm a Chinese native speaker and really enjoyed my own culture, also I'm wide open to know others because I'll always keep open minded.