My lessons are based on the premises of Communicative Language Teaching (CLT) and the constructivist approach. I apply a variety of dynamic, highly-motivating, anxiety-free strategies aimed at fostering meaningful learning, which have proven to be effective among English/Spanish learners.
I am an Emeritus Professor from the Department of Modern Languages at LUZ where I worked for 26 years. I hold a Bachelor’s degree in Education (concentration in Modern Languages), a Master’s degree in Linguistics and Language Teaching and a Ph.D. in Human Sciences.
Bachelor’s Degree in Education with a concentration in Modern Languages.
Master's Degree in Linguistics and Language Teaching.
Ph.D. in Human Sciences.
B. Work experience
• Professor at the Department of Modern Languages and at the Master’s Program in Linguistics and Language Teaching. University of Zulia (LUZ) (1990-2016) Courses taught: Fundamentals of Linguistics; Applied linguistics to foreign language teaching; Intensive English I-IV; Didactics of foreign languages; English oral expression; Professional practicum.
• Professor of Spanish as a Second Language (In-company courses)
• Researcher ascribed to the Council for Scientific, Technological, and Humanistic Development
• Professor of EFL at the Division of Extension Courses. LUZ.
• Secretary General of the Technical Council of the Center of Pedagogical Documentation and Research
• Member of the Academic Committee of the Master’s Program in Linguistics and Language Teaching
• Chair of the Section of Linguistics.
• Chair of the English Section
• Tutor/Advisor of Master and Doctoral theses
C. Research lines
Transfer of language knowledge and skills
Metacognitive processes and L2 learning and teaching
ESL-EFL teaching, learning and acquisition
Constructivism and language learning
Critical thinking, transfer, and second language acquisition
Design of teaching materials and procedures for language teaching
Second language teaching strategies
Teaching languages for specific purposes
Development of L2 reading skills
ICT and language learning
D. Research Projects
19 projects funded by the Council for Scientific, Technological, and Humanistic Development of LUZ and the British Council
E. Author of books and book chapters
(2019) Developing reading skills among social communication students (in press)
(2013) Reading strategies for public health management
(2011) Content analysis, triangulation and calculation of reliability in qualitative research. In: M. J. Ríos
(Comp) (Social-educational research: Methodological paths).
(2007) The transfer of language skills during the reading process in a foreign language. In: Batista J. (Comp). (Developing Reading skills in a foreign language)
F. Articles published in scientific journals
34 articles published in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
G. Papers published in proceedings
18 papers presented in scientific events and published in proceedings.
H. Member of the Editorial Committee of 3 scientific journals
19 awards: Orders of Merit; Acknowledgements; Prizes.
J. Papers presented at events
21 papers presented in scientific events
K. Judge of the works of others
64 appointments as Judge/Evaluator/Dissertation Committee Member of the works of others
spanish lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - spanish lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$20||$20|
|5 hours||Not available||$95||$100|
|10 hours||Not available||$180||$200|