Find strong points and build from there. Make the student understand and reason the process instead of memorizing gives better results. As with sports and music, practice, practice, and more practice makes us better at mathematics and science in general.
Some of the courses I took in college are astronomy, astrophysics, classical and modern physics. Mathematics: algebra, trigonometry, pre-calculus, calculus, differential equations.
I have a year of experience working as a tutor for Mathematics and Physics.
I have a year of experience in astronomical research as an undergraduate.
Daniel I. Rivera
Astronomy & Mathematics
Southwestern College, 2014
B. Sc. Astronomy w/minor in Mathematics
San Diego State University, 2017
Astronomy Curriculum Courses
* Solar System Astronomy
* Astrophysics of Stars:
* Astrophysics of Star Systems
* Astronomical Techniques: reducing data w/ IRAF & FORTRAN programing.
* Exoplanets: reducing data w/ IRAF & IDL, data fitting w/ELC & Systemic.
Physics Curriculum Courses
* Classical Mechanics
* Modern Physics
* Electronics and Electromagnetism
* Thermal Physics
* Computational Physics: solving physics problems by coding in FORTRAN,
Honors and awards
CAMPARE Scholar Summer 2017: Characterizing transiting exoplanets using the WIRO 2.3 meter telescope.
231st AAS meeting attendee, and presented research results at poster session Tuesday January 8th, 2018. Characterizing Giant Exoplanets through Multi-wavelength Transit Observations: HAT-P-14b & TrES-1b.
FAMOUS Travel Grant Recipient for the 231st AAS meeting.
* Eclipsing Binaries. NGC6939. SDSU, MLO 1.1 meter telescope. High precision photometry working with Dr. Sanquist. Data reducing, calibrating, and photometry using IRAF. Data fitting using Eclipsing Light Curve Code (ELC) by Orosz, J.A., & Hauschildt, P.H. 2000. A&A, 364, 265.
* Characterizing Giant Exoplanets through Multi-wavelength Transit Observations. UWYO, WIRO 2.3 meter telescope. High precision photometry working with Dr. Kobulnicky and Ph.D. candidate David Kasper. 25 observing nights using the WIRO 2.3 meter telescope. Data reducing and calibration using IRAF. Photometry using AstroImageJ (AIJ) based on Image J by Rasband 1997. Data fitting using MCMC analysis code BatHammer and BatNail.
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$25||$19|