I can tutor all ages up to the highschool level.
Im very patient and welcoming with my students and understand that some people need different approaches to achieve results. After the first initial class, each subsequent class is tailored to the students up to date needs.
I am a recent astrophysics graduate. I've tutored my younger sister and her peers in math,physics and chemistry for 6 years. I've helped all the students I tutored take tests with confidence and pass with results above what they were expected.
I have a high level of maturity for my age. I am very responsible and committed to all that I take on and contribute 100% at all times. I enjoy working with people, as I am a sociable person. I feel that my outgoing personality gives me a great advantage when it comes to working with people in all types of environments.
• Lancaster Aquatic Centre (11/10/2016-20/07/2017). Whilst on a study abroad at the University of Kentucky, I worked as a lifeguard at the Lancaster Aquatic Centre on campus. My responsibilities included, not only lifeguarding for the various activities that took place in the pool, but also working the front desk and performing other duties as required, i.e. cleaning.
• Camp America, USA (09/06/2016-15/07/2016) I was hired as a Lifeguard to work at a Girl Scout Camp in Massachusetts, USA, during the summer of 2016. My responsibilities included ensuring the safety of all girls whilst they were in the water, teaching swimming skills to non-swimmers and swimmers who needed to develop extra skills, help supervise the camp activities when not Lifeguarding, teaching girls to cook meals using a campfire, teaching camping skills and generally helping where required, when not Lifeguarding.
• Brooks Café. (10/10/2013-10/11/2013) I worked here for one month as a waitress. I took customer orders, handled cash and credit card payments and served food. Unfortunately, the cafe closed down at the end of my first month.
• I have been babysitting for different families since I was 14 years old. The children have ranged from newborn to aged 10. I have had sole charge responsibility as well as doing household chores to help the family, even when not asked.
• I have been involved in various volunteer and charitable activities since I was in Year 3. Most recently, I volunteered at Reading Festival, Reading, United Kingdom, as a Campsite Assistant. I was part of a team who were responsible for moving throughout the campsite, during all hours of day and night, and reporting dangerous situations back to security via a walkie talkie. Examples of dangerous situations were fires that we out of control, people taking drugs, theft, etc.
• I spent 10 days in Romania building a house for a very under privileged family. I was responsible for raising all the funds for this trip and as such, I sold cakes/cupcakes at bake sales, did a 50-mile cycle ride and help pack bags in supermarkets, amongst other activities. This was one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. Given the opportunity, I would love to do this type of volunteering again.
• During my time at Prior Park College, Bath, United Kingdom, we actively did fund raising events for different charities, including pancake sales, bake sales, stage events, quiz nights, etc. I was actively involved in organizing and volunteering at these events.
• Received my Lifeguarding/First Aid/AED certification from the American Red Cross. This is valid until June 2019.
• I was a member of the Combined Cadet Force at the College - Navy. Throughout my time in the Cadet Force, I learned leadership skills, but also responsibility, tenacity and determination. I took part in all the optional activity camps that were provided and although this proved strenuous at times, I am now a better and stronger person as a result. This has made a noticeable improvement on my leadership and teamwork skills.
• I have been involved in the Duke of Edinburgh scheme at Prior Park College and achieved my Silver Level. This was a challenging but rewarding experience and showed me valuable skills that can be applied to all aspects of my life.
• I have been given numerous lead roles in the drama productions at school. This has helped to strengthen my presentation skills as well as my communication skills, both of which will help me in my future career.
• I was a member of the English Speaking Board for several years, which helped me tremendously in my presentation skills, public speaking skills, as well as give me confidence in speaking in front of large groups of people.
University of Central Lancashire, Preston
I graduated from University with a degree in Astrophysics in July 2018. During my second I spent the year living, studying and working in America on a study abroad program as part of my Bachelor’s degree. I have always had a passion for space and astronomy and this has only grown throughout my degree.
New College, Swindon, Wiltshire
Finished with A Levels in:
A - Chemistry
A - Maths
B - Physics
B - AS Drama
Prior Park College, Bath, Somerset
I completed my GCSE’s and the results were:
A* - Biology
A* - Chemistry
A* - Maths
A* - Physics
A - Theology
A - Drama
A - Spanish
A - English Literature
B - Dance
B - Geography
B - English Language
Prior Park Prep School, Cricklade, Wiltshire
I attended Prior Park Prep School from Year 3 until Year 8. I covered all the main subjects and was also part of the Sr. Choir and the Chapel Choir. I was chosen as Head Girl in Year 8 and was able to implement an Eco Club in the school, which is still going today. I was also a member of the Hockey Team, the Netball Team, the Rounder’s Team and the Swim Team.
References available upon request.
chemistry lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest organic chemistry lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, calculus lessons for all!
Taking physics - chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$21||$15|
|5 hours||Not available||$100||$75|
|10 hours||Not available||$190||$150|