My approach to teaching is very hands on. I try to phrase ideas in a way that is easy to understand without sacrificing the important details. I enjoy finding ways in which to approach teaching and learned based on my particular student, so my approach will be different for each. I hold mutual respect, dedication, and active listening as my greatest priorities.
I am a class of 2020 graduate from Elon University in North Carolina. I graduated with a B.S. in Biology with a foundation in medical science concentration. I also minored in exercise science. I am currently applying to medial school while working at a local community hospital. While at school I loved being a teaching assistant and helping my fellow students gain a better understanding and appreciation for science!
EducationElon University, Elon, NC
Bachelor of Science in Biology (GPA 3.6)
Honors and Awards
• Dean’s List: Fall’16, Spring’17, Spring’18, Spring’19
• President’s List: Fall’19
• R.D. Rao Biology Departmental Scholarship and Award (2019)
Certifications and Technological Competencies
BLS Certified | Meditech (proficient) | Epic (novice) | Microsoft Office (proficient) | Pipetting and Basic lab practices | Scribe101 completion
Columbia Memorial Hospital, Hudson, NY | Patient Care Assistant-Medical/Surgery Dec 2019-Present
• Care for patients recovering from various surgeries or with acute medical illnesses
• Promote patient comfort through assistance in activities of daily living
Elon University, Elon, NC | Biology Teaching Assistant Aug 2018-May 2020
• Assisted students in hands-on learning within a Population Biology laboratory and Biology for
Non- Majors lab and lecture setting
• Supported professor with grading and in-class activities
Columbia Memorial Hospital, Hudson, NY | Patient Care Assistant-Labor and Delivery June 2017-Oct. 2019
• Cared for mother and baby while working closely with physicians and nurses to provide quality
• Organized nursery supplies and prepared for minor procedures
• Cared for recovering post-operative patients
“Investigating behavior during male and female encounters with Orchelimum erythrocephalum”,
Mentor: Dr. Jen Hamel, Assistant Professor of Biology
• Performed 120 hours of field work while maintaining over 50 insects in a greenhouse and conducted an extensive literature review explaining the knowledge basis of Orchelimum erythrocephelum
(red-headed meadow katydid)
• Analyzed over 500 minutes of behavioral data, utilizing programs such as: Excel, BORIS, and OmniGraffle.
Presentations (canceled/altered - due to COVID-19)
• North Carolina Academy of Science conference, Lenoir-Rhyne University, Hickory, NC Mar 2020
• Spring Undergraduate Research Forum, Elon University, Elon, NC – Presented via WebEx Apr 2020
Alamance County Open Door Clinic Clerical | Volunteer Feb 2019-Mar 2020
• Interacted with patients through check-in and checkout process
• Assisted and educated patients on the application process
• Prepared charts for upcoming appointments
• Called patients to schedule appointments or answer questions
Alpha Phi Omega Service Fraternity | Member Oct 2017-May 2020
• Engaged in service throughout Alamance County, developing an understanding for community-wide issues
Elon University Leadership
Beta Beta Beta National Honors Society | Secretary Apr 2018-May 2020
• Attended and took part in organizing chapter speaking events, including guest speakers and alumni career panel
• Took notes and communicated with chapter members on upcoming events and chapter information
Elon University’s Club Softball | President (current), Vice President Aug 2017-May 2020
• Communicated with leaders of opposing teams to generate a game schedule and coordinated with umpires
• Attended meetings and events as a representative for our team
• Recruited players, organized team events, and oversaw team practices and games
Nicole was a Teaching Assistant for my biology class this past year and is very passionate about the subject! Although inundated with her own studies at the time, she was always there to help me or my peers. She is a fantastic teacher and will definitely help you master biology. You cannot go wrong with Nicole as your tutor!
She is very down to earth and will connect with you immediately! I was so happy to have her as a TA and felt she advanced my understanding of the lab material whenever I needed additional help!
biology lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cell biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking physiology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$35||$25|