I believe in strengthening the basics. With strong basics, concepts are much easy to understand and implement. I try to keep my teaching approach casual by providing handouts and flash cards for quick learning. I try to make my class interesting my using live presentations and audio visual aids.
I have been giving private and group lessons since last four years. I have been recently asked to work from home because of the pandemic and have much free time on my hand. I am trying to put that time to good use by giving affordable lessons.
Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering GPA- 4.00
Michigan Technological University, 2020 Sept. 2018—Dec. 2020
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering 69.66%, First class with Distinction
Sinhgad College of Engineering (SCOE), Pune, India Aug. 2012—June 2016
SEAGRAVE FIRE APPARATUS, WI Jan 2020- Aug 2020
Manufacturing | Process Improvement | Design Co-Op
• Miller Perform Arc 750 S Robotic Welder:
Designed Fixtures and BOMs (SolidWorks), manufactured the parts using Laser cutting and Brake Press and assembled fixtures using TIG welding.
Fixtured the part on Siegmund robotic welder table and programmed the robotic arm using the teaching pendant to weld (tack/ fillet) at desired locations using suitable welding parameters (Current, Voltage, Speed).
Increased the efficiency of the welding operation from 6hrs to 1.5hrs – 75%.
• Developed Value Stream Maps and Time Standards (Microsoft Visio) for the manufacturing processes to find bottlenecks, develop production schedules and to reduce cycle time and takt time (FIFO and Heijunka tools used).
• Audited safety in Fabrication booths using Design failure mode and effect analysis (DFMEA), found the least safe process and implemented 5S and Visual Management. Implemented Kanban system to improve manufacturing efficiency by 8%.
• Established the root cause of daily scrap produced in the Fabrication department, implemented a corrective action for the process (SPC and Shewhart control charts used). Helped save the company 25% in scrap losses.
• Documented Standard Operating Procedures and Inspection checklists by auditing manufacturing processes for cab weld, body weld, robotic welder and assembly areas.
• Acquired sub-assembly parts for the Fabrication Department using ERP- AS400 for process control.
AIR INDIA LTD., MUMBAI, INDIA Nov 2016- Mar 2017
Quality Control and Technical Services Engineer
• Performed regular maintenance tasks on aircrafts such as Boeing 747-400, Boeing 787-8, Boeing 777.
• Monitored aircraft maintenance A check, B check, C check & D check and engine bore-scope inspections on GE90, GEnx and Pratt & Whitney engines.
• Prepared aircraft delay and defect analysis report as per The Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) and The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) requirements.
• Monitored airplane health at myboeingfleet.com and engine performance from General Electric (GE) Aviation website.
DESIGN OF IMPACT PENDULUM TESTING RIG TO TEST NFL/ NHL HELMETS
AND HEAD IMPACT ACCELERATIONS Sep 2020—Present
Design the testing rig to conform to the current NOCSAE testing requirements.
Submit the BOMs to manufacture the equipment in the machine shop.
Take Exposure and Risk readings of helmets to predict the incidence of a Concussion of a player during a play.
The project provides scientific framework for manufacturers to optimize hockey helmet design for injury risk reduction.
ANALYSIS OF A LATHE TURNING OPERATION USING SPC METHODS Sep 2019—Dec 2019
Implemented Rational Sampling for data collection. Constructed Shewhart Control Charts - X ̅-R charts.
Charts interpreted for statistical signals- Special/ Common Causes- eliminated using Pareto & Cause and Effect diagrams.
Process Capability of the process improved by 15%.
IMPROVEMENT OF AIRPLANE MANUFACTURING PROCESS USING LEAN TOOLS Jan 2019—May 2019
5S, Value Stream Mapping, Standardized Work, Load Levelling, Poka Yoke, One piece flow implemented.
Successfully attained 30% reduction in cycle time and 8% reduction in lead time.
FRACTURE ANALYSIS OF MICRO-ARCHITECTURED GLASS -Finite Element Analysis Sept 2018---May 2019
A suture (jig-saw) like microarchitecture introduced in Borosilicate glass to improve its fracture toughness.
Crack propagation studied by simulating the model and refining the mesh in ABAQUS.
MANUFACTURING OF SINGLE CYLINDER ENGINE CAR USING 3D-PRINTING Jan 2019---May 2019
Model printed in ProJet MPJ3600 (3D Systems) using material jetting technology.
Estimated the cost of prototyping and the support material.
mechanical engineering lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$10||$10|