I base my classes on a brief explanation of the theory/concepts followed by working out plenty of practical problems (solving at the board, in groups and individually). Major milestones in the syllabus would be marked by completing a group project that utilizes the concepts learned previously.
• Retired professional with 35+ years experience in STEM fields (Engineering & Computer Science)
• Lecturer/Researcher/Engineer/App Developer/Systems Administrator
• Experience encompasses public, private and academic spheres
• Have Lectured in 3 languages - English, Spanish and Catalan - in the US and in Spain
Information Technology Specialist (Retd.)
California Department of Motor Vehicles - Sacramento, CA
December 2019 to December 2020
• Member of the team administering the Engineering Requirements Management System (IBM DOORS Next) and the Application Lifecycle Management Systems (HP-QC and ALM-Octane)
Senior Computer Systems Engineer
BAY AREA RAPID TRANSIT (BART) - Oakland, CA
June 2018 to April 2019
• Key member of high-profile project to upgrade the central part of the BART control system software:the Integrated Control System (ICS)• Ensured that the project was integrated with larger BART strategic initiatives, including the Communications-Based Train Control (CBTC) system and the Fleet of the Future (FOTF) program.
Senior Programmer Analyst (Specialist)
CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH - City
April 2012 to May 2018
• Spearheaded development of a web application to store and monitor blood lead levels of adults and children in California• Oversaw the Managed File Transfer system - MoveIt.• Installed and managed People Soft (9.2), including AR/AP modules, People Tools (8.53), and Oracle(11 g).• Directed IT procurement and software license tracking.
Tenured Lecturer of Computer Science
UPC, DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER ARCHITECTURE - Barcelona, ES
September 1998 to February 2012
• Progressed through successive roles and awarded tenure as research and teaching faculty member inthe Department of Computer Architecture.• Published substantial research in the areas of computer architecture and distributed grid systems,now defined as Cloud systems, and contributed to knowledge in the field.
• Gave lectures in English, Spanish and Catalan on all areas of Computer Science
UPC - Dept. of Statistics and Operations Research - Barcelona, Barcelona provincia
1995 to 1998
Institute of Earth Sciences (Jaume Almera) - Barcelona, Barcelona provincia
1992 to 1995
Associate Information Systems Analyst (Specialist)
California Department of Transportation - Sacramento, CA
1989 to 1991
Assistant Engineering Specialist (Civil)
California Department of Transportation - Oakland, CA
1988 to 1989
Master of Science in Computer Science
University of California - Davis, Cal State University - Sacramento (CSUS) - Sacramento, CA
September 1986 to June 1988
Master of Science in Engineering (Major: Geotechnical, Minor: NumericalMethods)
University of California-Davis - Davis, CA
September 1980 to June 1982
B.Sc in Civil Engineering
Indiana Institute of Technology - Chennai, Tamil Nadu
July 1975 to May 1980
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$20||$20|