My experience in academia and industry allows me to see both theoretic and practical approach to problems. I am a scientist who worked in three different colleges in three countries (Latvia, Denmark and USA), I am good in math, chemistry (Ph. D) and Physics. I taught Physics and Chemistry in college for two years. I am always trying to link subject with the actual problems to show students how science methods are applied.
I am a scientist who worked in three different colleges in three countries (Latvia, Denmark and USA), Danish National Lab, and the last 20 years in industry in R&D. Initially I was trained in electronic circuits and materials for radio electronics. I specialized in chemistry and Physics of Glass.
Corvallis, OR 97330 (concealed information)
Linkedin profile (concealed information)
Cell (concealed information) Home: (541)738- 9034
ACCOMPLISHED SENIOR RESEARCH SCIENTIST
Highly innovative and talented Research Scientist with a strong background in glass, glass fiber technology and battery separators. Track record of success and robust experience in research, documentation, teaching/instruction, and laboratory environments. High integrity, value-focused leader who can provide strategic thinking and structured execution. Effective in assessing stakeholder needs, bridging the gap between business and science, and gaining alignment to achieve organizational goals.
• Thin film and coating deposition techniques, sealing and joining techniques.
• Expertise with various methods of wet chemistry for glass analyses.
• Adept at Polymer characterization using DSC.
• DOE and statistical methods, SPC, Six sigma black belt project handling.
• Skills, used characterization and measuring techniques:
o Glass and Ceramic Formulation, Gas Chromatography, Viscosity Measurements, DC/AC Conductivity of Solids and Melts, Dielectric Loss Angle, Permittivity, Seebeck Coefficient, Hall Effect Measurements, Magnetic, Chemical Durability, Relative Density, Refractive Index, Gradient Crystallization Technique, Fiber And Paper Media Testing Methods.
Glass and Ceramic Industry August 2020 – Present
Lead consultant with demonstrated experience improving customer experience and engagement.
• Effectively manage projects and relationships in the following areas: Glass technology, Glass fiber technology, filtration media, battery separators, glass physics and chemistry.
• Provide expertise and consultation related to glass formulation and glass batch calculation.
Hollingsworth and Voss Company/Evanite Fiber Corporation June 1999 – July 2020
Led several projects to improve glass fiber quality inclusive of Investigating glass fiber bonding and adhesion mechanisms
• Successfully developed biosoluble glass fibers for filtration applications leading to 2 patents.
• Developed several new fiber products than were introduced into mass production executing on business plans.
• Researched fiber surface properties - chemical composition and leaching in different solutions.
Yuri Vulfson (concealed information) Page Two
• Assembled equipment and developed methods to determine glass fiber biopersistance in lung fluid.
• Discovered relationship between internal stress in fibers, surface state and media properties.
• Implemented glass formulation procedures for lower energy and cost including contributing to the selection and monitoring of raw materials, optimizing business expenses.
• Developed new glass composition for battery separators leading to 9 patents.
• Improved properties of AGM (absorptive glass mat) for lead acid batteries adhering to compliance standards.
• Successfully explored glass compositional optimization to enhance battery electrochemical performance.
• Investigated reactions between refractory ceramic and glass, and high temperature metal alloys and glass.
• Provided in depth and comprehensive analytical analyses of glass chemistry ensuring transparency and accuracy.
ADDITIONAL RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
The Catholic University of America
Researcher, Vitreous State Laboratory
Riga Technical University, Silicate Materials Institute, Latvia
Senior Research Scientist
Danish Technical University, Institute of Mineral Industry, Denmark
Risoe National Laboratory, Materials Department, Denmark
Riga Technical University, Department of Chemical Technology, Latvia
Research Engineer, Researcher Laboratory of Glass and Ceramics
Riga Technical University, Latvia
Doctor of Engineering (PhD) in Material Science: Silicate and Refractory Nonmetallic Materials
• Thesis Title: Semiconducting Borophosphate Glasses Containing Transition Metal Oxides.
Riga Technical University, Latvia
Master of Science, Material Science: Microelectronic Device Fabrication, Chemical Processes and Materials
• Thesis Title: Stabilization of Electric Properties of the MOS (Al-SiO2-Si) Structures.
• Six Sigma Black Belt training
• Coursework completed in Analytic Techniques at Evans Analytical Group
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$22|