My teaching method consists in an interactive approach, dialog, games, repetition, central student challenge. My lessons consist in all the language arts approaches: conversation, reading, exercises, listening and exploring. My desire is that my students will one day speak as better as a native in a certain language.
I am an English and a Romanian teacher, I have been teaching English in Romania, South Carolina and Michigan, USA, fore 30 years. Furthermore, my lessons address to different groups of knowledge and age. Teaching is my life and love.
Cristina Ciora 4573 Benjamin dr. STERLING HEIGHTS, MI, 48310
Phone: (concealed information)
E-mail: (concealed information)
To obtain a teaching position that will utilize my well-developed analytical skills and Knowledge, in efforts to support and enhance efficiency in a professional organization.
2017- present -Teacher at Montessori Academy and ESL teacher at Ferndale
2007- 2017 ESL Teacher – Samaritas, New, American Services (Former Lutheran Social Services of Michigan)
• Teach the refugees to talk, write and comprehend English Language in order to adjust in USA and to find jobs.
2005-2007 ESL Teacher – Kindergarten “Poenita”, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
• Teach new words, conversation and songs
• Maintained regular contacts with parents to keep them informed of their child progress.
• Refined organizational skills while planning lessons and coordinating classroom and kindergarten events.
2001-2006 Teacher – “Confident” Christian Foundation, Cluj-Napoca. Romania
• The program has as a main objective the promotion of the Christian values among the teenagers from Cluj-Napoca High Schools.
• Teach the meaning of self esteem, the nature of a teenager relationships, the consequences of bad decisions at this age
• Organize and meetings in proper environments, with different age groups from 9th to 12th grade.
1999-2001 ESL Teacher – “Little Scholars Academy”, Florence, SC, USA
• Teach language, drawing, pottery to 4K and 5K.
• Implement a Children choir program
Teacher – Sylvan Learning Center, Florence, SC, USA
• Teach all subjects; reading, Math, language, spelling, history, science to elementary school students.
• Maintain regular contacts with parents to keep each of them informed of their child’s progress
• Assigning homework
1998-1999 English Translator – “Elderly Center”, Cluj –Napoca, Romania
• Liaison role between local organization and foreign organizations from West Europe and USA.
• Translator of stories from English into Romanian to be understood by elderly
1992-1998 ESL Teacher - Kindergarten nr. 28, Cluj –Napoca, Romania
1989-1992 Substitute Teacher –Morlaca Elementary School, Morlaca, Romania
• Teach all subjects: reading, math, language, spelling, and history, science to a group of 25 students of 2nd and 4th grade.
• Refined time management and organizational skills while planning trips and coordinating classroom and school events.
PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS AND COMMUNITY INITIATIVES:
Secretary, Parents& Teacher Association 2003-2007
Ministry Team -10 years. Organizing Summer Camps for children who received Dialysis
-Individual tutoring for children who need educational support in learning the English language.
Operation Christmas Child – sharing “shoe boxes” with gifts delivered by American Christian Organizations for children who attend schools from poor neighborhoods.
2013-2014 TESOL course: Characteristics of English Language, Standard English,
Development and Usage of English, classroom Management
1994 Post Graduate studies for Teaching certification, Certificate of Pedagogy,
“Babes-Balyai” University, Romania, (1994)
1998-1993 Bachelor degree in Economics Studies, Major in Management,
“Babes-Balyai” University, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
CARIER ACHIEVEMENTS AND HIGHLIGHT OF QUALIFICATION
• Motivating student to take charge of their own learning and set their own goals.
• Engaging student to improve both understanding and performance.
• Maintained effective behavioral management within classroom by incorporating motivational activities and positive reinforcement strategies.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Internet research
I speak 5 languages: English, Romanian, French, Italian and Arabic
I published 5 books in English and Romanian
I talked on Romanian National TV.
Available upon request
romanian lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|