I attended Brown University and graduated with a degree in Neuroscience. I design a plan of study targeted to accomplish the student's goal. I accommodate my teaching to effectively meet the needs of each student. I teach students from middle school through college
During college I instructed other college students in the Spanish, physics and mathematics. When I was in school I taught middle schoolers in every subject. I have experience in one on one and group teaching, and I have been active for 7 years. My last experience was teaching Spanish at the University of Cambridge in the UK.
Brown University Providence, RI
Major: Neuroscience (ScB) Graduated: May 2016
GPA: 3.3 out of 4.0.
Relevant Courses: Organic Chemistry I & II, Physics, Neurobiology, Neural Systems, Public Health, Calculus II & III, Memory & the Brain, Biotechnology, and Management of Industrial & Nonprofit Organizations.
Salk Institute for Biological Studies San Diego, CA
Research Intern at the Center for the Neurobiology of Vision Jul. 2013-Aug. 2013
• Employed immunohistochemistry techniques to study the plasticity of neuronal pathways in the visual system and the causes of visual discrimination disorders.
• Dissected mice brain samples to study the visual process in rodents and contributed to the publication of literature that describes the neuronal pathways of vision.
Virtual Environment and Navigation Lab, Brown University Providence, RI
Research Assistant Sept. 2014-May 2016
• Curated over 100 motion capture data files to study the flow of crowds, decision making, and limb injury in the rehabilitation of patients.
• Assisted in the implementation and design of experiments to study navigational cues in virtual reality.
• Supported postdoctoral researchers in their projects and helped them write up results and conclusions.
• Led the upkeep and dissemination of patient information and experimental files.
MintLabs Barcelona, Spain
Data Analyst Jan.2015-Jun. 2015
• Collected human DTI data (60,000 images) of diseased and healthy patients from the web and hospital databases. Analyzed imaging data with MintLabs’ software, and uploaded it to the cloud platform to create an average virtual “template” brain.
• Communicated with healthcare providers and patients to obtain their consent for legal public use of brain scans.
• Organized hospital files, projects, and patient records.
Department of Psychology, University of Cambridge Cambridge, United Kingdom
Research Assistant Sept. 2016-Dic. 2016
• Recorded vocalizations of 12 birds (jays) and use the ‘praat’ software to analyze the sound.
• Studied the relationships of mood and vocalization pitch and body size and vocalization pitch to understand behavior in birds.
• Analyzed heavy set of data to display the correlation of mood, vocalization pitch, and body size.
Lions Club International San Diego, CA
Clinic Coordinator Sept. 2011 – Sept. 2016
• Arranged meetings and negotiated with the club’s leaders from Mexico and the U.S. to coordinate the planning of mobile clinics. Provided basic medical care for low-income communities in Mexico.
• Administered the budget to buy ophthalmological and orthopedic equipment for 80 patients.
• Translated medical consultations (in situ) from Spanish to English to facilitate the communication between patients and doctors.
Skills and Interests: Software Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Java, SPSS, Praat
Organizations: University of Cambridge Hispanic Society, Brown Alumni Association
Languages English (native), Spanish (native), French (working proficiency), Catalan (basic)
Activities Drawing, tennis, soccer, playing FIFA, medical interpreter (translator), playing the guitar
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||$30|