I deliver my lectures via direct offline and online class, seminars and workshops.
I use both instructional materials prepared in slide format and tutorial videos to deliver my lectures.
I am practical oriented and analytical, so most times my teaching involves real life projects and case studies.
Normal lectures on other subjects apart from econometrics and data analysis are usually delivered topic by topic with maximum of 3hrs per topic. Each subjects takes maximum of 6hrs per week which will be delivered within 3 contacts per week (i.e. 2hrs per contact)
Econometrics and data analysis lectures are practical based, involving real life projects. It usually takes a minimum of 20hrs per week and delivered within 5 contacts per week (i.e. 4rs per contact). Personal Laptops and external storage device (flash drives) will be required for this lecture
I am naturally gifted teacher which makes it easy for me help students have full grasp of whatever subject they enrolled for, regardless of their academic background or intelligence level. I can make somewhat complex topics very simple and easier to understand for students.
Academic Research Consultant, Economics & Econometrics Tutor and Data Analyst.
I specialize in lecturing both undergraduate and postgraduate students on Subjects such as; Micro & Macro Economics, Econometrics, Statistics, Research Methods, Monetary Economics, International Economics, Development Economics and so on.I have over six(6) years in teaching at tertiary level.
I started as a volunteered tutor for 4 years (2012 -2016) with Nigerian Economics Students Association (NESA) Academic Committee at Obafemi Awolowo University, where I Organized tutorial classes in Philosophy (PHY 101/104), Mathematics (SSC105/106), Economics (SSC 102, ECN 101/102, ECN 201/202, ECN 301/302 & ECN401/402),Statistics (SSC 201/202), Econometrics (ECN 319) and so on. Over 300 students in various departments in Faculty Social Sciences, Administration, Arts and Education has been under my tutelage, with over 75% distinction grade.
At postgraduate level in the same institution, I have tutored over 60 students in Advanced Microeconomics and Macroeconomics (ECN601/602), Advanced Statistical Theory (ECN 603/604) and Applied Econometrics (ECN623). With this, I was able to contribute to a higher number of students finishing with PhD and MPhil grade, which hitherto has been ridiculously low
Over the past three (3) years, I have also facilitated periodic seminars and workshops on economics and business research writing, literature reviews, econometrics modeling, research data collection, data mining and data analysis (with Excel and Eviews and STATA).
Majority of the Students I taught are proud graduate of Obafemi Awolowo University and doing well in their respective fields of career. a sizable number of students trained in econometrics are now into data science and data analytics, while some are still undergoing internship.
Apart from the training programmes, I have also offered consultancy services and technical aid to over 200 undergraduate and postgraduate students conducting economics and business research, making valuable contributions to improve the quality of their MSc. thesis, PhD. thesis, journal articles, research proposals, etc.
2018 – Present Obafemi Awolowo University, Osun State
• M.Sc. Economics (In View)
• 60+% Grade Point
2012 – 2016 Obafemi Awolowo University, Osun State
• B.Sc. Economics
• Second Class Honours (Upper Division)
• Relevant Subjects: Micro and Macro Economics | Energy Economics | International Economics | Mathematical Economics | Econometrics | Development Economics | Monetary Economics | Entrepreneurship Studies
*Work Experience (5 years)
2016 – present Director/ Economics Research Consultant - Global View Institute, Ile-Ife, Osun
• Explored and analysed current economic issues, including Economic and Business Growth Modelling and Forecasting, Exchange Rate Volatility, Stock Market Volatility, Monetary Policy Shocks and Transmission Mechanisms | Unemployment and Inflation Dynamics, Financial Crisis and Banking sector Resilience, International Trade and Financial Flows and Spillovers, Entrepreneurship Development and so on.
• Analysed and forecast trends in financial markets and ecnomic fundentals based on data published in major global and local statistical database such as International Monetray Funds (IMF) World Bank Development Indicators, Federal Reserve Economic Data (FRED), (WDI) Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) statistical Bulletin, National Bureau of Statistics (NBS), companies annual reports and financial statements
• Offered consultancy services and technical aid to over 200 undergraduate and postgraduate students conducting economics and business research, making valuable recommendations to improve the quality of their MSc. thesis, PhD. thesis, journal articles, research proposals, etc.
• Facilitates periodic seminars and workshops on economics and business research writing, literature reviews, econometrics modeling, research data collection, data mining and data analysis.
• Gained ample experience in advanced narrative and systematic review of economic literature and policy discussions
• Gained expert-level experience in data sourcing, data extraction, data mining and data analysis with working knowledge of Coding on STATA and Eviews
• Responsible for the design of training syllabus and preparation of collation materials
• Responsible for the overall growth and the expansion of the institute
2017 – 2018 Tutor - Abadina College, Ibadan [National Youth Service Corps]
• Taught over 300 students Economics and Mathematics
• Handled periodic assessments, grading and recording of examination scripts
• Assisted with the procurement of learning aids and materials
2012 – 2016 Volunteer Tutor - Nigerian Economics Students Association (NESA) Academic Committee, Obafemi Awolowo University
• Organized tutorial classes for members of the association with over 80% distinction recorded
• Facilitated the preparation and distribution of past questions and other course materials and aids
• Engaged in periodic course-based researches to serve students with updates information on specific topics
• Strong knowledge of current and past trends in domestic and international financial markets and economic fundamentals
• Considerable knowledge of economics, economics and business research methods, econometrics, economic policy analysis and forecasting
• Proficiency with online database exploration, data extraction and data mining
• Proficiency in key Microsoft Office tools - [Word | Excel | PowerPoint] along with working knowledge of statistical programming on STATA and Eviews
• Ability to work with and analyse advanced multivariable micro and macro econometrics modelling including Cluster Analysis, Principal Component Analysis, Panel GMM, Panel PMG, ARCH-GARCH, Non-linear ARDL, Structural VAR, Global VAR
• Analytical, self-motivated, able to think-outside-of-the box, work with minimal supervision, and having a very sharp eye for data accuracy and detail
• Strong oral and written communication skills (prose, mathematics and infographics), including the ability to effectively communicate economic and financial concepts and themes to a general, business and academic audience
• Ambitious, career driven, proactive, enthusiastic, deep thinker, eager to learn, dynamic and passionate about work. Possesses a great sense of duty and responsibility, a team player, an early riser, good time manager and willing to offer flexible hours to get job done
• Ability to multitask and work independently on individual projects while corroborating the work of other team members to produce quality research reports
• Fluent in English and Yoruba
*EXTRACURRICULAR & ACHIEVEMENTS
2015 – 2016 Chairman, Electoral Petition Committee, Nigerian Economics Students’ Association (NESA) Obafemi Awolowo University
2014 -2015 Drama Coordinator, Winners Campus Fellowship (WCF), Obafemi Awolowo University
2012 – 2016 Four-year Class Representative, Economics department (2011-2015 class), Obafemi Awolowo University
2012 Most Influential Male Student, Nigerian Economics Students’ Association Award
2011 -2013 Drama Coordinator, Living Faith Church Worldwide (Winners’ Chapel) Ikorodu
Economics and Business Research | Policy Analysis & Discussion | Econometrics Modeling | Data Analysis | Data Mining | Economics | Business and Social Sciences | Networking | Teaching | Acting | Basketball | Chess
economics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest microeconomics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, finance lessons for all!
Taking macroeconomics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$22|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$110|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$220|