I base my teaching by explaining the concepts in detail by giving real world examples based on my work experience. The tutoring sessions would be structured differently based on the need of the students i.e test prep, interview prep, project submission etc.
I have 10 years of experience in Banking and Finance in areas of Relationship Management, Credit Analysis and Risk Management.I have a MBA in Finance and also hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology. I have also earned the CFA and FRM charters. Mentored and taught banking to management trainees and associate account managers. To look at my profile visit the following ULR on Linkedin.
Neeraj Uchila, CFA, FRM
Toronto, Ontario M6C 2E1
A seasoned Banker with 10 years of experience in Relationship Management, Credit Analysis, Stressed Assets Management and Risk Management. Self-motivated, energetic and result oriented professional with strong educational background and a proven track record of achieving organisational goals and business targets.
• Relationship Management • Credit Appraisal • Corporate Finance
• Financial Analysis • Business Development • Distressed Asset Management
• Project Finance • Trade Finance • Treasury products
• Analytical Thinking • Problem Solving • Strong Communication
CFA Charter Holder from Charter Financial Analyst Institute, USA, June 2012. Passed all 3 levels in the first attempt.
Financial Risk Manager (FRM) from GARP, USA, December 2008.
Appraised as “Exceeds Expectations” in two successive appraisal cycles in the present role as a Relationship
Manager in Corporate Banking and recognised as a strong performer throughout the career.
SBM Bank (India) Ltd. (May 2016 – May, 2019) Senior Manager, Corporate Banking Group
• Managed a portfolio of CAD 84 Mn of corporate clients having sales turnover in the range of CAD 50 Mn to CAD 2000 Mn.
• Acquired 18 new corporate/mid-corporate clients with a combined exposure of CAD 45 Mn.
• Consistently exceeded the set income and fee targets.
• Prepared high-quality credit applications with detailed financial, industry and competitor analysis and presented them for approval to sanctioning authorities.
• Expedited the approval of new business proposals and client requests by engaging with various internal stakeholders including Risk Management, Compliance and Operations.
• Constantly engaged with the senior management of the clients to deepen existing relationships and maximise cross sell opportunities.
• Reviewed all relevant legal documents i.e. Credit Agreements, Guarantee Documents, ISDA etc. for compliance to sanction terms and credit policy.
• onitored the portfolio to maintain the credit quality and prevent slippages of accounts to distressed category.
• Participated in loan syndication deals and developed relationships with the Syndication desks of various Banks/FIs.
• Initiated and executed the first securitisation deal for the bank for inorganic growth of the Bank’s asset book.
• Represented the Bank in various meetings with the clients and other lenders and conducted site inspections.
• Formulated and implemented the resolution/exit strategy in accounts showing signs of stress to minimise the loss to the Bank.
• Managed and mentored a team of 3 Associate/Assistant Relationship Managers.
• Awarded the ‘Employee of the month’ twice for negotiating and executing complex deals.
L&T Infrastructure Finance Company Ltd. (August 2015- May 2016) Senior Manager, Special Situations Group
• Managed a portfolio of CAD 220 Mn of distressed loans.
• Prepared detailed assessment notes and presentations on the various options available for resolution of the distressed loans in the portfolio.
• Finalized the structure and the covenants of the resolution strategy in consultation with the internal and external stakeholders.
Neeraj Uchila, CFA, FRM
Toronto, Ontario M6C 2E1
• Formulated restructuring strategy of the credit facilities to minimise the loan losses
• Developed and nurtured a community of resolution/insolvency professionals to aid the resolution process
• Monitored the portfolio continuously post implementation of the resolution package to ensure adherence to the covenants and extant regulations.
• Negotiated the sale of distressed assets with counterparties to extract maximum value.
State Bank of Mauritius Ltd. (December 2013- July 2015) Credit Analyst, Credit Risk Department
• Prepared credit assessment notes capturing detailed analysis of financials, business, industry and management parameters.
• Finalized the structure and covenants of the credit proposals in consultation with the sales team.
• Calculated the credit rating of the client using bank’s internal credit rating module.
• Liaised with the client for timely submission of stipulated monthly /quarterly performance reports.
• Represented the bank in various client and lenders meetings, conducting factory inspections to ensure continuous monitoring of the portfolio accounts.
• Formalised the resolution strategies for the impaired assets in the portfolio.
• Reviewed the performance of the impaired assets in the portfolio and periodic reports to the top management.
• Dealt with various auditors to ensure smooth completion of the audit process.
State Bank of India (June 2011- December 2013) Asst. Vice President, Stressed Assets Management Branch, Mumbai
• Analysed the financial and business viability of portfolio accounts and finalized the resolution strategies.
• Assisted in the management of impaired asset portfolio of CAD 740 Mn.
• Prepared the Credit Risk Assessment (CRA) rating proposals for restructured accounts and calculated the regulatory capital requirement for the proposed exposure.
• Prepared credit restructuring proposals and sale of distressed assets for portfolio accounts.
• Post sanction documentation of the credit facilities extended to the clients.
State Bank of India (June 2009 - May 2011) Associate, Stressed Assets Management Group, Corporate Centre
• Presented the movement in Non-Performing Assets (NPAs) in banks corporate and mid corporate portfolio.
• Designed a new NPA dashboard for consumption of executive management.
• Analysed and presented the key trends in the NPAs of the Bank.
• Reviewed the Special Mention Accounts (SMAs) in the Banks portfolio and alerted the respective business groups to prevent slippage in high value SMAs.
• Prepared returns to be submitted to regulatory bodies and rating agencies.
• Monitored the Risk & Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) exercise of the group on a quarterly basis for accuracy and timely completion.
• Calculated the Loss Given Default (LGD) number of the group’s portfolio.
2008 Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) from CFA Institute, USA
Financial Risk Manager (FRM) from GARP, USA.
2007 – 09 MBA in Finance, Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur, CGPA 7.9/10, 1 % of batch
2002 – 06 BE in Information Technology, VCET, Mumbai University 67.4%
finance lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest financial lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, business analysis lessons for all!
Taking fundraising lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$24||$19|
|5 hours||Not available||$102||$96|
|10 hours||Not available||$188||$192|