My approach to instructing is to be organized ahead of time and to go through material in a step-by-step manner. I always push my students to do their best. I am not overbearing though. I like to take a laid back approach.
I am a University graduate with a Degree in Mechanical Engineering and over five years experience as an Aerospace Engineer. Also, I am a pilot with over twenty years experience teaching people how to fly. I have done Real Estate Investing as well.
SUMMARY Experienced pilot and aerospace engineer with a wide variety of work experience on commercial airplanes. A well organized, cooperative, team player that can multi-task in a challenging environment and a pilot with extensive worldwide travel experience.
EDUCATION ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY - Tempe, AZ USA
B.S.E., Mechanical Engineering Degree, December 1995.
EXPERIENCE UXMAL REALTY – San Diego, CA USA
11/08-Present Real Estate Investor
• Lead investor for acquisitions.
• Person in charge of property evaluation. Helped determine and obtain three properties.
• Responsible for obtaining budget information on single family flips.
• Responsible for finding sub vendors to help with home repair.
• Attend meetings with other investors.
FLIGHTS FOR LIFE – San Diego, CA USA
02/13-Present Volunteer Pilot (Un-Paid)
• Fly volunteer missions delivering blood to various parts of Arizona.
• Handle all aspects of operating aircraft.
• Plan flights and file flight plans for flights.
• Handle coordination and pick-up of cargo.
TRANSPAC AVIATION ACADEMY – San Diego, CA USA
12/16-04/17 Flight Instructor
• Work in a dynamic environment providing ground and flight instruction.
• Brief students on lessons to be performed.
• Supervise students during exterior aircraft assessment, and weight and balance calculations.
• Evaluate student performance.
• Quiz students.
• Dress professionally, maintain company grooming standards, attend meetings and keep company manuals updated.
EXPRESSJET AIRLINES – Atlanta, GA USA
EMB 135 and 145 First Officer
02/05-08/10 • Took turns as Pilot Flying with the Captain.
• Conducted exterior airplane assessment.
• Helped in keeping flights on time.
• Saved airline fuel costs by choosing alternative routing.
• Helped flight attendant save time by aiding in the cleanup of airplane cabin.
GRAND CANYON AIRLINES – Grand Canyon, AZ USA
05/04-02/05 DHC-6-300 First Officer
• Took turns as Pilot Flying with the Captain.
• Obtained updated weather information, engine takeoff settings, checked weight and balance.
• Filed and opened flight plans.
• Ran and updated the tour system during flight.
SAWYER AVIATION - Scottsdale, AZ USA
02/02-03/04 Flight Instructor
• Taught students pilots with a variety of backgrounds.
• Monitored and logged student progress, signed off students for flight review.
• Coordinated with the FAA in order to meet instruction guidelines.
• Evaluated student performance.
HONEYWELL - Phoenix, AZ USA
• Tested flight planning behavior of Honeywell avionics
for the Boeing 757, 767, MD90, MD11, Airbus 320 and Cessna airplanes.
• Developed and edited test scenarios and scripts.
• Coordinated with software developers in regards to avionics problems.
• Conducted lab tests to record airplane responses.
• Researched aircraft systems behavior with respect to previous software builds.
• Lead integration meetings between various engineering groups in our department.
• Resolved issues and tight deadlines by using good problem solving skills.
BOEING COMMERCIAL AIRPLANE GROUP - Long Beach, CA USA
• Responsible for testing Douglas Commercial Airplane systems and avionics.
• Interfaced with system level engineering groups, management, customers and the
• Coordination efforts included scheduling, vendor unit requests, test equipment
availability assurances and defining test parameters.
SKILLS Aircraft Systems: Aerospace engineering background has exposed me to transport jet airplane systems.
Avionics: Familiar with commercial jet flight displays, autopilots and flight management systems.
Interpersonal: Strong background in dealing with coworkers of different groups, job functions and teams.
Teaching: Certified in technical training for aviation. However, this skill has been applied to training new coworkers in my engineering discipline.
PATENT United States Patent Number 6,308,052 B1.
PUBLICATIONS “A Real Cross-Country. Putting Your Skills to the Test,” AOPA Flight Training, February 2000, Pp. 50-51.
“Flying Phoenix Sky Harbor. Tips from an Insider,” SW Aviator, October/November 2000, Pp. 6-8.
“Escape From L.A.,” SW Aviator, March/April 2004, Pp. 20-23.
photography lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest digital photography lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, portrait photography lessons for all!
Taking photojournalism lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$25||$25|
|5 hours||Not available||$23||$125|
|10 hours||Not available||$22||$250|