My teaching methods will vary depending on the student(s). I approach lessons with a holistic style and I believe that there is no "right" way to learn. I take the different strengths and weaknesses of individual students and I incorporate them into my lesson plans. I encourage students to ask questions and to learn on their own as much as they can in order to prepare them for higher education!
I am a recent college graduate from Rollins College! I double majored in Classical Studies and Anthropology and I double minored in Archaeology and Middle Eastern & North African Studies. I have been tutoring for three years and I love working with students!
$15 cancellation fee
Rollins College, Winter Park, Florida May 2020
Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology
Bachelor of Arts in Classical Studies
Minors in Archaeology and Middle Eastern & North African Studies
College Year at Athens: Center for Hellenic and Mediterranean Studies, Athens, Greece Fall 2018
Poggio Civitate (Vescovado Di Murlo, Siena, Italy)
3rd Year: Trenchmaster June – August 2019
• Supervisor under Dr. Anthony Tuck (University of Massachusetts at Amherst)
• Lead 1st year students in on-site excavation technique
• Trained 2nd year student in on-site and post-excavation documentation processes
• Conducted archaeological documentation and database entry
• Instructed students in Etruscan history and culture
2nd Year: Trenchmaster-in-Training June - August 2018
• Training Staff Member
1st Year: Student June - August 2017
• Participated in archaeological excavation, conservation, and lab work
• Conducted experimental archaeology project
Malcom H. Weiner Laboratory for Archaeological Science, The American School of Classical Studies (Athens, Greece)
Intern October-December 2018
• Worked under supervision of Dr. Paraskevi Tritsaroli
• Assisted in data collection from human skeletal remains from Byzantine (church of Aghios Sozon) and Bronze Age (Late Bronze Age cemetery from Kynouria) funerary contexts
• Assisted in cleaning, initial sorting, individuation, visual pair matching, and the basics of aging and sexing adult skeletal elements
Exploring Joara Foundation- Intern (Morganton, NC)
Intern December 2013-May 2016
• Assisted with fundraising events and advertisement for 501(c)(3) Non-profit Organization
• Washed/sorted/catalogued artifacts found at the Berry Archaeological Site.
• Instructed other high school students in lab procedures
• Assisted in public outreach programs with elementary and middle school students
Fort San Juan/The Berry Site: Intern (Burke County, NC)
Intern (Seasonal) June 2014-2016
• Worked under Dr. David Moore (Warren Wilson College), Dr. Christopher Rodning (Tulane University), and Dr. Rob Beck (University of Michigan)
• Managed social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
• Assisted with public education and outreach programs
• Assisted with instructing students and volunteers in on-site excavation and post-excavation documentation techniques
Cornell Fine Arts Museum, Rollins College (Winter Park, Florida)
Intern January-May 2020
• Conducted research on ancient Egyptian and Near Eastern artifacts in museum collection
• Created labels for ancient artifacts to be put on website and on display
• Published blog about research experience at CFAM on website
Anthropology and Sociology Department, Rollins College (Winter Park, Florida)
Work-Study Student October 2016-May 2020
• Assisted in office work and general organization in an academic setting
• Coordinated cultural events such as Día de Los Muertos and public “AnthroTalks”
• Assisted in publicizing and creating flyers for Anthropology/Sociology events
Blegen Library, The American School of Classical Studies (Athens, Greece)
Intern September-December 2018
• Assisted in filing old visitors’ cards, relabeling, binder’s preparation
• Assigned specific sections of the library to attend to which included tidying shelves, shelf-reading, and re-shelving.
• Worked on projects in relation to the major reclassification project, which included double-checking specific collections such as the collection of offprints and of CDs/DVDs with Ambrosia, the online catalog
• Kept notes of problems which required immediate correction
• Lambda Alpha National Anthropology Honor Society, 2020
• The Outstanding Major in Classical Studies Award, 2020
• The Outstanding Senior Achievement in Archaeological Studies Award, 2020
• Murlo Foundation Director’s Grant , 2019
• Etruscan Foundation Fieldwork Fellowship, 2017
• Ancient Greek
• German (Reading)
history lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest art history lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, social science lessons for all!
Taking social studies lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$20||$20|