My teaching method puts excitement first - a student learns best when positive reinforcement is used to peak their interest in the subject. This is especially true for programming - allow me to increase your excitement about how cool coding really is by creating a piece of technology that you are interested in with the coding language you are required to learn. I am qualified to teach Python, C, C#, and MAX MSP to those pursuing a bachelor's degree, high school diploma, or lower.
I am a junior in the honors college at Western Michigan University studying multimedia arts technology. I have been tutoring my peers in creative programming for over a year, many of which have grown fond of coding. I work part time as an Android developer (C# and Xamarin), and create custom audio technology using MAX MSP.
My name is Jacob Wolfe and I am interested in getting you as excited about making cool things with code as I am! I specialize in creative coding, positive reinforcement, and getting you to learn the technology in a way that retains your interest. Programming is a great skill to have, whether you want to work as a software developer, IT technician, artistic developer, or simply pass a class – allow me to help you reach your goals.
I am currently a third-year Lee Honors College student pursuing a B.S. in the Multimedia Arts Technology (MAT) program with a minor in Computer Science at Western Michigan University.
My expertise, technical skills, and accolades can be summarized as follows:
• Developed a software application for Ableton Live that interfaces with a sensor mounted to a pair of headphones which allows a user to produce music in virtual 3-dimentional space
• Internship experiences: assistant audio engineer at a professional recording studio, audio-visual technician, software developer
• Engineered an Android app that utilizes the camera to measure the user’s systolic and diastolic blood pressure
• Lead sound engineer for an internationally regarded and award-winning vocal jazz ensemble
• Pursuing academic grant to continue research in binaural spatial audio for virtual and augmented reality
• Twice awarded Best of MAT for audio software applications and compositions
• Monroe Brown scholarship recipient for fall semester 2020
I would love to help you with C, C#, Python, or MAX MSP. My first session is free!
I look forward to hearing from you soon regarding a meeting.
C lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest computer languages lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, python lessons for all!
Taking C# lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|