My teaching method is the Socratic one and it is based upon the particular needs and skills of students. I plan my classes according to my students' needs and abilities. I also include in the material cultural aspects of the target language video, food tasting, music, and readings.
I am from Mexico and hold a PhD in Spanish from Texas Tech University. I have extensive experience in teaching Spanish in different colleges in both the USA and Mexico. I have experience teaching Spanish to non-traditional students.
Every class should be payed before the class start. It is responsibility of the student to cancel the lesson within 24 hours of anticipation, otherwise class should be paid fully, including costs of transportation. This is the same policy for lesson by Webcam. The rates are the same for both modalities, face-to-face or by Webcam.
PhD. Spanish Texas Tech University May 2008
MA. Spanish University of Texas at El Paso December 1999
BA. Sociology Universidad Autónoma de Ciudad Juárez, México December 1993
Assistant Professor (Term-limited)
United State Military Academy, Dept. of Foreign Languages, West Point, NY.
August 2017 to the present
Course Directed and Taught
• Standard Spanish I
• Spanish-American Literature
• Spanish-American Culture and Civilization
• Independent Study on Spanish-American Cinema
• Standard Spanish II
Related Teaching Experience
• Developed syllabi for Spanish-American Literature and Spanish-American Culture and Civilization.
• Developed a portfolio (series of activities to do outside class time) for Standard Spanish.
• Led a three-week summer language and culture immersion in Mexico for four ca-dets/students (2018).
SUNY at New Paltz, Dept. of Languages, Literatures, and Cultures, New Paltz, NY.
August 2011 to December 2013
• Elementary and Intermediate Spanish Language courses in classrooms of up to 27 stu-dents
• Advanced Composition and Culture and Civilization of Latin America in classrooms of up to 30 students
Related Teaching Experience
• Developed syllabi for all Spanish courses.
• Enhanced teaching with technology.
• Provided tutoring to students through extensive office hours and individual appoint-ments.
• Promoted Latin American culture among college students through direct exposure such as: readings, music, food tasting, and cinema.
• Invited guest native speakers to interact with students.
• Encouraged students to write their journals in Spanish.
• Coordinated and led presentations and classroom discussion in Spanish on social, liter-ary, and economic topics.
El discurso subversivo en la obra periodística de Fernández de Lizardi. New
York: The Edwin Mellen Press, 2009.
Spanish for Heritage Speaker I and II. Interactive Spanish Courses developed for
DoDEA (Department of Defense Education Activity) on Blackboard
platform. Fayetteville, NC: Advanced Computer Learning Company, 2005-2009.
spanish lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - spanish lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|