I love teaching one-on-one or in small groups so students can receive the attention and instruction they deserve. I teach explicitly, then follow up direct instruction with guided and independent practice.
Hi! I'm Michelle. I graduated with a bachelor's degree in psychology from the University of Tennessee in 2012. I immediately enrolled in graduate school and graduated with a master's in special education from Lipscomb University in 2014. I have taught elementary special education at a local public school for five years.
My favorite aspect of teaching is instilling confidence in my students. They are capable of so much growth, but sometimes need the confidence to achieve their full potential. Seeing students genuinely enjoy learning is the most rewarding part of my job.
Although I love all subjects, I prefer tutoring in reading and math. I welcome ALL students, as well!
Michelle P. Reed
CURRENT SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Program & Curriculum Development
• Individualized Education Programs (IEPs)
• Functional Behavior Assessments (FBAs)
• Behavior Intervention Plans (BIPs)
• Integration of Technology
• Lesson Planning
• Data Collection
• Progress Monitoring
• Classroom Management
• Differentiated Instruction
• Self-contained, Resource, and Inclusion Classrooms
• Microsoft Office
• Basic HTML
******* ELEMENTARY SCHOOL – NASHVILLE, TN
Special Education Teacher – July 2014 – May 2019
• Orchestrate and facilitate a low incidence/self-contained program containing kindergarten and first grade students with severe to profound disabilities during first two years
• Instruct students in kindergarten-third grade with learning and social/emotional disabilities in both the special education and general education (inclusion) settings past three years
• Manage and delegate tasks to a team of paraprofessionals
• Implement multiple curriculums to target learning goals
• Utilize applied behavior analysis-based behavioral techniques and strategies in order to effectively manage student behavior
• Improve reading growth by an average of 3.75 levels from August to May
• Administer assessments and use results to develop measurable annual goals
• Develop, plan and lead effective and successful IEP meetings
• Consistently track current and projected behavioral and academic data
• Demonstrate a continuous trend of mastering IEP goals
• Communicate and collaborate with fellow teachers, therapists and parents to ensure student motivation and success
• Provide mentorship and training to paraprofessionals and colleagues
• Assist administration with program coordination
• Assist administration with interviews of potential candidates
TLC AFTERSCHOOL CARE, INC. – KNOXVILLE, TN
Childcare Counselor – January 2010 – May 2012
• Planned and coordinated daily activities for 40 children from low-income families and taught age-appropriate games and activities to each grade
• Tutored children in various subjects, such as math, reading, and language arts
• Differentiated for students with special needs
• Assisted with daily homework and reading
• Presented arts and crafts and musical games/activities
• Taught and supervised physical activity in gym and/or recess
• Intervened in crises situations
• Communicated with and provided feedback to parents daily
LIPSCOMB UNIVERSITY — Nashville, TN
Masters in Special Education, GPA: 4.0
UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE — Knoxville, TN
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, GPA: 3.5
Building Leadership Committee, Special Education Team Leader Spring 2017 – Spring 2018
MNPS Mentorship Program, Teacher Mentor
Student Teacher Experience, Supervising Teacher
Social Committee, Member
Fall 2016 – Spring 2017
Sunshine Committee, Co-Lead and Member
Fall 2014 – Spring 2017
academic help for reading lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest special needs - autism lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, special needs - adhd lessons for all!
Taking special needs - dyslexia lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$30||$30||Not available|
|5 hours||$25||$25||Not available|