My method of teaching involves finding the specific areas or reason that my students are having difficulty and I make sure to tackle those areas. I also give my students confidence by challenging them . These methods have worked for all my students
I am a graduate with my degree in chemistry and mathematics. I have taught STEM related classes such as Algebra, pre-calculus, Calculus, Physics, General and Organic Chemistry. I have also been a college T.A for chemistry and mathematics courses
Teaching and learning are complementary. I enjoy learning about science and math and have grown to teaching these subjects. I have been tutoring/teaching since my sophomore year in college. I have taught middle school, high school and college level kids and it has been a great learning process.
POSITIONS AT FIU
Math Tutor, Department of Mathematics and Statistics Jun 2016-Present
There are over 100 students on the Biscayne Bay campus taking difficult math courses
• Tutored students in algebra, trigonometry, pre-calculus, calculus 1,2,3 and differential equations to improve understanding in the topics taught in class
• Developed individual study plans for over 50 students aimed at improving good studying habits
• Conducted one on one tutoring sessions with students to understand their difficulties in class
• Encouraged and sorted solutions for students with extreme math difficulties to improve class grade and performance
• Consistently recognized by students’ and faculty for improving students’ performance
Chemistry, Physics, Computer Science and Math Teacher, UBMS June-July 2015-Present
UBMS, Upward Bound in Math-Science is summer program for over 50 high school kids to be introduced to and learn college level classes
• Created lesson plans, homework and tests to effectively teach students and improve learning
• Controlled the classroom by making it lively and seeking active communication and participation from students
• Adapted teaching strategies to address students’ learning styles (discussions, reading, peer-teaching and demonstrations)
• Taught basic computer skills, Microsoft excel, Microsoft word and windows
• Administered exams, tests and homework to access students’ performance and know their knowledge level of the courses
• Provided constructive feedback regarding students’ performance
• Encouraged high school student in their major and career interest for college
Chemistry Teaching Assistant, Chemistry and Bio-chemistry department Aug 2016-May 2017
As a chemistry teaching assistant, I conducted and supervised the first chemistry Lab for over 36 students of different majors
• Supervised and directed students in performing and understanding chemistry experiments
• Taught chemistry lab skills, report writing and lead discussions on theories and laws behind the experiments
• Performed experiments with chemistry professor to ensure procedures are correct and easily understood by students
• Administered exams to access students’ performance and communicated feedback to students on their work
• Utilized blackboard learning management system to report students’ grades
Chemistry Learning Assistant, Chemistry and Bio-chemistry department Jan. 2015-June 2015
As a chemistry learning assistant for general chemistry 1 and 2, I was working with a class of over 100 students
• Conducted study group sessions to help students understand difficult topics in general chemistry 1 and 2
• Created worksheets and study materials for students to work with during this learning session
• Applied knowledge of diverse communications to talk to students about goals and improving performance
• Worked with the professor to introduce innovative activities to facilitate and improve learning in class
• Attended and participated in active learning courses to study the methods of active learning in S.T.E.M and used skills learned to improve study group and class sessions
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|