I've been working as a consulting geologist for oil and gas service companies for nearly a decade. I have a B.S. degree in Geology, and am a couple of classes short of a minor in Math. I can help you improve your grades if you work with me, by sitting down and delving into the material.
I have taught others how to process, interpret, and evaluate geologic formations all around the world. I have taught classrooms of professionals fundamental geologic principles and advanced theory. I know that not everyone learns the same way or the same rate, so I will come prepared with several approaches to the same problems.
Everything is negotiable.
CONSULTING LOG ANALYST 02/2016-Present
David DePalma Consulting Ft. Worth, Texas
• Borehole Image Log Interpretation, Advanced Acoustic Processing and Petrophysical analysis.
SENIOR LOG ANALYST 06/2014-02/2016
Allied-Horizontal Wireline Services Ft. Worth, Texas
• Image Log Interpretation – Interpretation of all reservoir features, including Stratigraphic and Structural analyses - define faults, determine structural dip and dip direction in fractured formations, paleocurrent direction, and visualize complex structures. Professional reports and presentations to clients.
• Petrophysics – Characterization of logged interval using integration of spontaneous potential, resistivity, neutron, density, spectral gamma ray, dipole sonic, and borehole image logs.
• Acoustic Log Interpretation - Measurement of formation slowness with Full Waveform Monopole and Cross Dipole tools. Calculation of sonic porosity, Fast Shear Azimuth determination, Rock Mechanical Properties, Brittleness Index, Fracability Index, Closure Stress using Poroelastic Approach in various basins.
FORMATION EVALUATION ENGINEER 10/2009-06/2014
Weatherford, Petroleum Consultants Houston & Ft. Worth, Texas
• Image Log Interpretation – US Team Lead - Interpretation of all reservoir features
• Acoustic Log Interpretation – Measurement of formation slowness with Full Waveform Monopole and Cross Dipole tools.
• Mentor peers and new hires, Sr Cased-Hole and Open-Hole Field Engineers on basic tool theory and acquisition, image log interpretation, & acoustic theory.
SR. IT ASSOCIATE 07/2009-10/2009
Texas A&M, Department of English College Station, TX
• Served as department webmaster managing all department website operations.
• Supported department personnel with technical oversight of web pages including content management system and web related instructional technology including Turnitin.com and Moodle, the department’s online course management system.
• Computer support to all department users and department owned equipment and with administration of large complex Access database.
• Provide training and develop training support materials related to computer classrooms, labs, and other technologies. Serve as department email Listmaster.
OPEN HOLE FIELD ENGINEER 01/2008-06/2009
Weatherford Wireline Tyler, TX
• Nuclear Regulatory Commision accredited Radiation Supervisor. Oversee logging operations of oil and gas wells using various software.
• Configure and calibrate tools and equipment and see preventative maintenance strickly followed.
• Provided clients quality and timely service in a safe and cost effective manner.
• Exposure to explosives, high pressure well bore environments and ionizing radiation.
TEAM LEAD, HELP DESK CONSULTANT 10/2003-12/2007
Texas A&M Information Technology, Help Desk Central College Station, TX
• Troubleshooting computer hardware, software and account issues via telephone, e-mail, and in person for the students, faculty, and staff.
• Installed hardware, drivers, operating systems, removed malware and viruses, set up wireless devices, off-site cable modem issues.
• Created technical online documentation used to train and instruct students, faculty, and staff of Texas A&M.
• Research, organize, and present training presentations on new IT-related technology and policies.
• Windows 3.11 through Windows 10, Windows Server 2008 and Active Directory
• Microsoft Office including Access, Publisher, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; Excel
• iOS and -Nix distributions
• Various Anti-Virus software, Autodesk AutoCAD, VMWare, VPN, Kerberos and Spiceworks’ Help Desk
• MS SharePoint– both design and end-user experience
• Creating Microsoft SQL queries and scripts for specific databases
• Programming experience in HTML, C, C++, Java, and MATLAB
• Schlumberger – Techlog – Comprehensive Log Analysis Suite
• Crocker Data Processing / Weatherford - Petrolog - Advanced Log Analysis Software, Well Imager, Well Manager, and ADA
• TerraSciences – TerraStation II – Borehole Imaging, Acoustic Processing, and Petrophysical Analysis
• MIPS Pro – Cased Hole Multi-Caliper Log Processing
• Powerlog - Petrophysical Analysis Suite
• Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE), American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG), Fort Worth Geological Society (FWGS), Society of Petroleum Well Log Analysts (SPWLA)
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$60||$40|
|5 hours||Not available||$450||$200|
|10 hours||Not available||$500||$400|