I impart practical knowledge through theoretical exposure like conducting interactive programmes on one to one basis
I am a graduate in Electrical Engineering and have about 40 yrs of Industrial experience in Operation, Maintenance of Power Plants, Process and Manufacturing Industries mainly on Fertilisers,Steel, Sugar, Cogen and Textiles, Project Management . I am an accredited Energy and Environmental expert
V RAMGOPAL PATNAIK (Associate Consultant)
Email: (concealed information) Mobile:
Profile summary: Highly experienced multitalented professional with over 37 years of experience in power plant operations & maintenance, project management, quality assurance, design and engineering. Extensive experience in the operation, Superior grasp of power plant design principles and practices, maintenance of heavy industrial processes and directing all activities involved in the manufacturing of plant equipments and Technical Consultancy Services, Pre-Investment Studies, Pre-Post Contract Services, Preparation of Annual Operating Plans Energy Audits, and ensuring that plant equipment efficiently with correct quantity, quality and cost. Capable of effectively coordinating power plant operations by properly planning, organizing and directing plant resources.
Having a proven track record in basic engineering for setting up different size of power plant, equipment selection with outstanding history of managing power projects from conceptual stage, through erection, commissioning and operation. As a true all-rounder, capable to direct work activities, overseeing the work execution by contract staff, have worked on Electrical/Mechanical products that have been used within a wide range of sectors, and has experience of working for consulting firms, power-generating utilities and manufacturing companies. Great experience in, monitoring the entire project lifecycle, and has a track record of successfully supporting and nurturing people wherever required. Track record of continuously meeting targets and surpassing expectations.
Operation & Maintenance
Design & Development
Pre and Post Contract
Site Project Management
Maintenance of Plant
Fund Syndication Services
Preparation of Annual
Erection & Commissioning
Profit Centre Management
Champion on Quality Circles 5S Initiatives
Component Replacement Industrial Control Systems
AREA OF EXPERTISE
• Experience in Operation and Maintenance of Power Plants, utilities, Transmission and Distribution of Power upto a capacity of 230KV.
• Expertise at managing erection, commissioning, operations & maintenance of Power Plants upto 600MW.
• Deft at performing core erection, testing & commissioning, operation , maintenance and project management of Power Plants ,BOP, Electrical/Mechanical/Instrumentation and Civil Engineering Sections.
• Adroit at enhancing systems to bring greater cost efficiency levels, achieve energy/ power reductions and execute Safe operation and maintenance activities in plant.
• Expertise in the implementation of 5S, Energy Conservation, Quality Systems, Predictive Maintenance and Environment Control initiatives.
• Pre-Investment studies, Feasibility Reports, TEV Studies, DPR, pre-contract/post-contract Engineering, Project Management, commissioning, Takeover/Handover to Ultimate Owners
• Implementation of Power Projects(Bagasse, Biomass, coal, wind, Solar, Hydro, WTE and WHR)
• Loan Syndication, LIE Services.
• Arranging Investors, Co-Investors for Takeover and outright takeover of Sick/NPA Units, Start-ups and New Projects.
• Operation and Maintenance of Solar, Wind, Waste To Energy, Bagasse, Biomass, Biogas Power Plants and Project Management Technical Consultancy Services.
M/S Mitcon Consultancy and Engineering Services Ltd
IL& FS Renewable Energy Ltd
GMR Industries Ltd
KREBS Biochemical Industries
E I D Parry Ltd. as Head Co-Generation Power Plant
Coromandel Fertilizers Ltd.
Godavari Fertilizers and Chemicals Ltd.
Andhra Steel Corporation Ltd.
Chittivalsa Jute Mills Ltd
• Design and Engineering Consultancy, Project Management from Development to Commissioning for Power Plants with all types of fuels from 2.5MW to 600 MW
• Grid Power Evacuation up to 230KV/400KV System
• Efficiently performed the basic engineering, project implementation, operation and maintenance of co-generation plant at Nellikuppam plant, 30MW /11 KV Skoda Turbo alternator, 70 Tons/HR capacity boilers and its accessories in DCS mode operation, Electrostatic precipitators and DM Plant.
• Proactively performed the operations and maintenance of 11KV squirrel cage induction motors of capacity upto 1000KW, 110KV/11KV EHT substation with 20MVA grid transformers with related switch gear and protection equipments suitable for turbo -alternator parallel operation with grid.
• Led the basic engineering, project implementation of major and minor capital projects, operation and maintenance of DC Drives up to 1000HP, variable frequency drives, PLC Drives with Automation, complete maintenance of electrical equipments related to sugar factory and distillery plant containing 11KV Transformers, 11KV Motors allied electrical equipments Interaction with CEIG/TNEB for statutory approvals.
• Conducted the operation and maintenance of air conditioners and refrigeration plant of capacity up to 50Tons, EPABX telecommunication lines up to 255 terminals.
• Performed the operations & maintenance of:
HT, motors, DC drives upto1000HP, 110 KV Substation, 7500HP AC Motors EHT transformers, operation.
Turbo alternator/ DG Sets upto 20MW, operation and maintenance of AC and refrigeration equipments upto 100 tons.
HT and LT switch gears, Motors, transformers, DG sets and DC Motors.
Arc furnaces upto1000 KVA at 11 KV.
• Conducted the engineering and project implementation of Calcium Carbide Plant.
• Performed the erection, commissioning, operation & maintenance and project management of allocated project.
• Planning, executing, and monitoring all erection works to ensure completion of project in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards, safety requirements, cost targets and Milestone targets.
• Finalizing the requirements and specifications in consultation with engineering consultants, external suppliers, contractors & clients.
• Planning and forecasting the manpower requirements and ensuring suitable deployment of manpower.
• Planning and ensuring the availability of equipment/materials to meet erection schedules.
• Making timely follow up with customer for pending invoices/payments and also to ensure for issuance of MRNs.
• Preparing maintenance schedules of the equipments along with executing the preventive, predictive, breakdown maintenance & overhauling of various equipments including breakdown analysis and reporting.
• Reviewing the spares, consumables availability with consumption pattern, prepare records, necessary management reports and optimization of spares/consumables to reduce inventory.
M/S Mitcon Consultancy and Engineering Services Ltd (MITCON) (Chennai) Sep’09 to July’17
Worked as Chief Operating Officer - Power Projects, Presently working as Associate Consultant with MITCON
• Actively performing development, design, engineering, and erection and commissioning of Power Projects up to a total capacity of 600 MW with coal and non-fossil fuels
• Proactively preparing DPR, analyzing tender documents, evaluating techno-commercial bids, selecting EPC contractor, preparing, finalizing & initiating contracts, monitoring of project site management, evolving CDM and MNES benefits for all projects.
• Preparation and submission of Offers ,Pre-Investment studies, Feasibility Reports, TEV Studies,DPR, pre-contract/post-contract Engineering, Project Management, commissioning, Takeover/Handover to Ultimate Owners
• Execution of Power Plants with all types of fuels
• Preparation and submission of Techno-commercial offers for Implementation of Power Projects(Bagasse, Biomass, coal, wind and Solar)
IL& FS Renewable Energy Ltd. (Mumbai & Pune) Dec’07 – Sep’09
Assistant Vice President - Power Projects
• Actively involved in the basic engineering, design & project implementation of bagasse, biomass, Biogas and Coal Power Projects upto a total capacity of 200MW totaling to 1000MW in different locations.
• Efficiently Designed and developed Coal based Power Projects up to 1000MW as Head - Project Implementation on behalf of Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV).
• Project Management Technical and Commercial Services
GMR Industries Ltd. Mar’06 – Nov’07
• Operations Head of Power Plants at GMR Industries, Srikakulam.
• Worked as the In-charge of Complete Plant Maintenance of Sugar, Power and Distillery Plants.
• Worked as the Champion for 5S and Energy Cell, Champion for Fuel Switching-CDM Project and certified Internal Auditor for ISO 14001.
• Received the AOT- CUMI Award for 5S.
• Actively implemented the best practices in the shop floor and empowered the staff and teams to advocate a good work culture, drive business excellence for achieving corporate goals.
• Proactively monitored 5S, quality benchmarks, executed small group activities and ensured their sustenance.
KREBS Biochemical Industries Apr’04 – Feb’06
• Worked as the profit center head for power plant and plant maintenance of Pharma Unit, Power plant and utilities.
• Managed the responsibility as the Head of utilities, materials dept and general administration.
• Commissioned a KKK make power plant in a record time of 3 months.
• Efficiently implemented efficient processes that saved production losses estimated at nearly INR 5 Crores.
E I D Parry Ltd. Mar’95 – Apr’04
Head Co-Generation Power Plant
• Undertook the responsibility as the Head of capital projects implementation and the complete plant maintenance of sugar, power plant and distillery plants, Operation and Maintenance of Power Plants.
• Rated as the Champion for energy cell.
• Designed the basic Engineering study and performed erection and commissioning of 30 MW cogeneration project.
• Successfully achieved the Energy Savings of INR 150 Lakhs in a year’s time through implementation of Reduction in Electrical Power Consumption Projects.
Coromandel Fertilizers Ltd. Assistant Manager Electrical Sep’91 – Mar’95
Godavari Fertilizers and Chemicals Ltd. Assistant Engineer Electrical Aug’87 – Sep’91
Andhra Steel Corporation Ltd. Deputy Electrical Engineer Jan’81 – Aug’87
Chittivalsa Jute Mills Ltd. Electrical Engineer Jan’80 – Jan’81
ACADEMIC CREDENTIALS: B.E. (Electrical) from Bangalore University in 1979
PERSONAL VITAE TRAININGS UNDERGONE
Date of Birth: 7th November 1955 5S Implementation
Linguistic Abilities: English, Telugu, Bengali and Tamil Business Excellence
Place of Residence: Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh Leadership Development Programs
Skype: ramgopalpatnaik Organizational Development Programs
V RAMGOPAL PATNAIK
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$21|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$103|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$205|