I like to focus my lessons on the student speaking as much as possible. I provide the necessary phrases, vocabulary, or topics, and the student will be able to speak for the majority of the lesson time. This allows students to maximize their practice time.
I have a master's degree and bachelor's degree in business. I have taught all ages and levels of ESL students including business professionals in Spain and Japan. I have taken the TOEIC exam (and scored a 990) to provide more useful lessons to students studying for that exam.
Private Instructor, Atlas マンツーマン Language School
Sapporo, Japan — May 2018- Present
● Conducting private English lessons with adult students, teaching anything from basic conversational skills to advanced grammar and technical vocabulary. Tailoring lessons the specific needs of each student, scheduling lessons, and maintaining a high level of professionalism matching cultural expectations.
Instructor, AEON Corporation of Japan
Sapporo, Japan — May 2017- May 2018
● Taught English conversation and grammar courses to students with a wide range of English language abilities and educational needs at a private English conversation school. Class sizes ranged from 1 to 8 students.
● Responsible for maintaining a high level of professionalism in the areas of lesson quality and student satisfaction.
● Conducted individual counseling sessions with students to monitor student satisfaction and promote additional materials and types of lessons. Interviewed potential students and participated in marketing campaigns to increase revenue at the school.
Land Title Intern, Mineral Resources, Inc.
Colorado, USA — May 2016 August 2016
● Paid internship providing experience in the oil and gas industry to complement my master’s degree research in economic geology. Searched legal documents to help settle ownership disputes and created records for current hydrocarbon extraction areas for the company.
● Compiled surface ownership and mineral rights ownership chains for residential parcels within the city of Greeley, Colorado. Repaired breaks in ownership by searching through written records or using ArcMap GIS software and an Access database to add from existing data on the county’s GIS program.
● Filed, mapped, and created electronic records for recent and future hydrocarbon drilling sites operating beneath the city using the Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission’s (COGCC) GIS program.
Manager, Natural Pet Marketplace/Wild Calling Pet Foods
Colorado, USA —2013 2016
● In charge of hiring and retaining quality staff, solving any customer issues, and managing a lean, just-in-time inventory in order to maximize the store’s revenue.
● Opened and managed a new retail store in Windsor, Colorado. Brought the store to profitability within 8 months of opening by attracting new customers and ensuring their retention.
● Managed an existing retail store in Greeley, Colorado. Helped the store become an attractive takeover target for a much larger company in the same industry of natural pet food retailers.
Commodity Buyer, Universal Forest Products Purchasing Inc.
Colorado, USA — 2012 2013
● Commodity market buyer for a multinational corporation that is the third largest purchaser of lumber in the US.
● Met the daily purchasing needs and bought for future needs when applicable for the inventory requirements of over 80 production plants across North America in the volatile softwood lumber market.
● Was appointed the account manager for Canada’s second largest forest products company and several US-based producers after a relatively short period with the company. Maintained positive relationships with all vendors through daily communication and drew up annual contracts worth millions of dollars through negotiation.
● Completed extensive sales and industry training at lumber mills, company offices, Oregon State University, and production plants at various locations in the US.
University of Northern Colorado
Colorado, USA — 20082012, 20142016
● P.S.M. (Professional Science Master’s) Degree in Environmental Geoscience (December 2016)
● B.S. Degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Management (May 2012)
● Minors in Spanish, Global Business, and Earth Science
● Studied Spanish language and culture at the University of Granada, Spain (Summer 2010)
vocabulary - english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest ESL lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$20|