I believe each child learns in his or her own way and in his or her own time. I start where a child is and move on from their at a pace that is beneficial to the child.
I have been a teacher and swim coach for over 35 years and worked with hundreds of children, ages 3 - 18, on the mainland and in Hawaii. I work well with children individually and in large or small groups.
With over 35 years of working with children, I’ve learned to appreciate both the cognitive and physical aspects of their development and would like to find a classroom of my own to apply my diversity of experience.
Kamehameha Schools, 2019
• Educational Assistant - Assisted students in grades 1 - 6 in math and literacy.
• Sports Academy Swim Coach – ran summer swim program for middle school students.
Dennis Chavez Elementary, 2014-2018 Kindergarten Teacher
• Worked closely with a Kindergarten team of 8 teachers and Educational Assistants
• Collaborated weekly with Instructional Coach and bi-annually with first grade teachers
• On Instructional Council committee for one year and goals teams for 4 years
• Familiar with IEP’s and Student Assistance Team work (SAT)
• Inclusion class for several special needs students
• General Ed representative for Best Buddies, an extra-curricular program for students with
• Assisted with STEAM club in 2017 for students Kindergarten through 2nd grade
• Attended professional development seminars on subjects ranging from dealing with grief and
trauma to working with kids coming from poverty to working with technology in the classroom.
Albuquerque Public Schools, 2004-2014 Substitute Teacher
Jewish Community Center of Albuquerque, 2004-2018 Head Swim Coach
• Organized summer teams of up to 200 kids for practices and swim meets
• Communicated with parents and coaches
• Coordinated swim meets
• Trained paid and volunteer coaches
La Cueva High School Swim Team, 1997 – 2005 Assistant Coach
Bachelor of Arts in Communication - 1988 University of New Mexico
Alternative Licensure Program – 2013-2015 Central New Mexico Community College
TESOL/ESL – 2017 University of Phoenix
academic help for reading lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|