It's important to begin at the beginning -- Where are you now in your skills? Where do you want to go? What motivates you? What will success mean for you? Based on your interests and needs we'll tackle needed tangible skills and create strong leadership skills. My goal is to create deep, cognitive learning. That involves discussion, projects, demonstrations, putting knowledge in new contexts, and reteaching what you learn. We'll use your own stories and experiences along with readings, movies, history dives (some call them case histories), and much more. You'll find the work agitational, life-changing and very satisfying.
You will have fun and be challenged by my over 20 years of experience in building leadership. I have coached and mentored business leaders of multi-million dollar corporations and community leaders (parents, teachers, ministers, rabbis, professional organizers, and more) in classrooms, one on one, small groups, online, and in the community. Fluent in business practices, basic skills, history, economics, civic engagement, philosophy, and theology.
For basic learning such as English as a Second Language or Business English, the rate is $20/hr. I charge $50/hr. for executive mentoring,
One on one mentoring of business leaders and leaders of community non-profits, in-person and online. Topics covered include business management, negotiations, leadership, civic engagement, and the art of finding, training, and motivating new leaders. Participants used leadership analysis tools, one on one counseling and instruction, readings, digital media, and personal participation. Training occurred online and in person.
CEO - Trust Investments
● Directed purchase/rehab and rental or sale of 12 residential properties
● Manage trust investment portfolio
July 2019 - December 2020
Online English as a Second Language (ESL)
● One on one remote learning instruction
● Success with students of different learning styles, including kinetic learning, non-phonic learners, and students with special needs
● Teach students with varying ages and levels
May 2016-January 2018
Workers Defense Project - Organizer Trainer
● Taught staff and volunteer leaders leadership and organizing skills
● Authored bi-lingual (English/Spanish) curriculum
● Created dynamic, hands-on, skill instruction.
October 1989 - June 2011
Industrial Areas Foundation -Lead Organizer
● Identified, trained, and tested-in-action community leaders, pastors, rabbis, and educators using relational organizing
● Taught skills of negotiation such as power analysis, interest analysis, relational conflict management, and deep listening
● Used one-on-one training, group sessions, readings, texts, and digital media to teach the skills of building public relationships and empowerment
August 2012 - 2013
Pine Bluff Arkansas Public Schools
● Eighth-grade social studies
● Regular, Special Needs, and Advanced/Gifted students
● University of Arkansas Little Rock - non-traditional teaching certification classes
● ITT - ESL Certification 2019, 120 hours
● St. Edwards University, Austin -- MBA Program
● Austin Community College - Business, 21 hours
● University of Texas, Austin --BA with concentrations in Economics, History, and Philosophy
career coaching lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest Professional training to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, leadership lessons for all!
Taking pitching lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$25|