1) Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Virginia Commonwealth, Richmond, Virginia 1996
2) Masters of Education, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia,1999
3) Virginia Postgraduate Professional License; Specific Learning Disabilities K-12
4) I am certified to teach various literacy programs.
5) I can teach executive functioning skills, especially for students with ADHD.
6) I use math manipulatives and more than one method to teach math concepts
7) I speak conversational Spanish, if needed.
I've worked 17 years in Elementary schools for Fairfax County Public Schools in Fairfax, Va. I was a Special Education teacher for 10 years and an Instructional Coach (master teacher teaching teachers) for 7 years. Throughout the 17 years I have tutored students from kindergarten to college. I've helped many older students pass classes when they are struggling.
I enjoy making learning an exciting and positive experience using specific learning styles of the student. Many of the skills I teach are life long skills that the student learns to use for the rest of their lives. I encourage students to learn from their mistakes and focus on their strengths because this will help their weaknesses.
reading lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest Academic tutoring to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literacy lessons for all!
Taking Homework help has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$50||Not available|