I tailor each class to the students, depending on their level and participation. I like to demonstrate first, and then let the students practice and hone their skills. By practicing and gaining confidence, then they can demonstrate to the class.
I have taught full classes and 1 on 1/small group tutoring. I have experience with students who have English as their 2nd language. I demonstrate new concepts for them, and give them many opportunities to practice, so they can become more comfortable.
Master’s Degree, Secondary Education, April 2012 GPA: 3.92
Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, Arizona
Bachelor of Arts in Education, April 2007 GPA: 3.36
Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Major: History Minor: Political Science
Associate Degree, December 2004 GPA: 3.08
Kellogg Community College, Battle Creek, Michigan
Program Concentration: Education
TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) April 2012
Arizona Secondary Provisional Certificate 7-12 History (Expired)
Sinmok Elementary School, Seoul, South Korea
English Teacher, 3rd-6th Grade, August 2012-Present
• Devised various lessons and instruction relevant to Korean national guidelines
• Demonstrated proper English grammar and techniques
• Introduced Western culture to Korean students
• Collaborated with a co-teacher to create a highly functioning classroom
Precision Academy, Phoenix, AZ
Social Studies, Film Analysis, Guitar, and Physical Education Instructor, 9th-12th Grade, July 2009-May 2012
• Led instruction and assessment in an AdvancED accredited Performing Plus school
• Fostered a classroom environment that instilled respect
• Worked alongside colleagues to create school-wide rules
Marc T. Atkinson, Cartwright School District, Phoenix, AZ
Social Studies Teacher, 7th/8th Grade, August 2007-June 2009
• Led instruction in Honors and Mainstream Social Studies Classes
• Worked in a Professional Learning Community to develop lesson plans and assessment that aligned to Arizona State Standards
• Collaborated with an academic team that challenged ‘gifted’ learners
Battle Creek Central Athletics, Battle Creek, MI
Baseball Coach (Assistant), March 2007-May 2007
• Helped the Battle Creek Central Bearcat Junior Varsity baseball team conduct practices and coached in games
• Coached student athletes and created a positive atmosphere that promoted teamwork and a healthy work ethic
Certified- Structured English Immersion (K-12) June 2008
Infant, Child, and Adult CPR, April 2007/Renewed May 2016
ESL lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|