My teaching method is mostly communication with students. I try to understand what students need to improve on by mentoring them to be more proactive. Rather than memorizing words and sentences, I teach the students to speak their mind without any fears and I correct them as they go along.
I was a network engineer for over 10 years before I got my diplomas in TESOL. I moved to Myanmar to teach English there for over 5 years before moving back to United States. I also have bachelor degrees in Biology and Mathematics.
1997 Marymount University
Bachelor of Science in Mathematics and Biology
1998 Computer Learning Center
Diploma in Network Engineering Management
2013 American TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Language) Institute
TESOL Advanced Certification
TESOL for Children Certification
TESOL for Business Certification
03/2018 – Present
Greenfield International Corporation
Director of Operations
Economically Disadvantaged Women-owned Small Business
• Successfully manage Federal Government projects and accomplish projects scheduled goals and deliver satisfactory rate
• Review customers feedbacks and suggest to the team on increasing the satisfactory rate
• Assess and analyze RFP from Federal Government and other customers
• Direct the project team on price proposals to keep within the budget proposed from the customers.
• Develop and implement technical proposals, capability statements to promote company vision.
• Involve with negotiation on projects requirements with the customers
• Facilitate clear communication between customers, employees, and project management team.
• Assist with recruitment and mentor new employees and while monitoring the productivity of current employees
Sunny Day English Classes
Pyin Oo Lwin, Myanmar
Owner/ Head Teacher
• Prepared and developed own curriculum and syllabus for all the English classes.
• Successfully taught four skills English and grammar to a range of students from elementary to college level
• Assisted the students to study abroad by preparing them for SAT and TOEFL
• Planned, managed, and coordinated other teachers on daily activities for students
• Effectively mentored students in communication skills to become public speaker
• Translated articles and pamphlets from Burmese to English
Apptis, Herndon VA
Senior Network Engineer
• Primary contact for all the network emergencies at the headquarters and all the branch offices
• Assisted with outside vendors and project teams to develop voice and data infrastructure.
• Managed application patches, data backup, security changes and network configuration.
• Efficiently diagnosed, and resolved network problems involving a combination of hardware, software, power, and communications issues.
• Involved with configuration and installing Cisco Call Manage System, Polycom conferencing systems, routers, switches, wireless, and firewall devices.
• Managed projects such as lab testing for new software and OS upgrades, Cisco Call Manager upgrades, and building power down.
• Developed and implemented technical documentations for any upgrades.
• Analyzed software, hardware, and network systems for various transmission systems.
Lehman Brothers, New York
Senior Network Engineer
• Worked as a senior network engineer for network operations center at Lehman Brothers.
• Involved with day to day troubleshooting on LAN/WAN/MAN technologies within the enterprise networks.
• Involved with troubleshooting a VoIP network consists of Cisco Call Manager and Unity voicemail system.
• Effectively monitored critical and major alarms using tools such as HP Openview, Infovista, and Prognosis, and troubleshoot any critical issues.
• Performed traffic analysis to generate reports for client lease lines, market data connection and client’s ISP to obtain continuous connectivity
• Troubleshot packet latency issues using Ethereal, Infinistream, and Sniffer for client fixed income and equities trading applications.
• Took charge in reviewing all trouble tickets, updating tickets, taking appropriate steps to further troubleshoot issues, such as opening Cisco TAC cases, and getting RMAs for hardware.
• Facilitate between different vendors in troubleshooting various circuit issues to successfully maintained continuous connectivity
• Worked closely with branch offices to conduct any issues
• Updated and implemented documentation for any procedures, diagrams, and practices for the entire network.
Thrupoint, Consulting in Morgan Stanley, New York
Senior Consultant, Network Transport
• Worked as a senior consultant at Morgan Stanley, providing network support and analysis.
• Involved with troubleshooting LAN/WAN technologies within the enterprise networks
• Performed traffic analysis to generated reports for client lease line, market data connection and client’s ISP
• Troubleshot packet latency issues for client fixed income and equities trading applications
• Utilized network monitoring tools such as Netcool, Spectrum, Eye of the Storm, and NetVCR to perform network analysis, and packet analysis.
• Involved in deployment projects and successfully achieved projects goals.
• Involved with HA (High Availability) project and successfully deployed 5 HA clusters comprised of Cisco Metro 1500 DWDM platform, 6500 switches with MSFC2, and Optera DWDM platform.
• Involved with testing out Cisco Call Manager servers and Cisco IP phones deployment.
10/1999 - 05/2000
Covad Communications, Inc., Manasas VA
Senior Level II Technical Support Engineer
• Managed a team of up to 15 technical support engineers
• Performed troubleshooting on DSL lines, routing, packet loss, intermittent, slow throughput, and provisioning issues.
• Monitored and analyzed traffic entering and existing Cisco BPX/MGX switches to DSLAM and customer backhaul
• Analyzed DSLAM errors such as loss of signals, loss of frames, code violation (CV) and Far CV
• Troubleshooting with ILEC such as Bell Atlantic, Pacific Bell, and Southwestern Bell.
• Worked with over 50 ISPs to resolve customers’ problems
vocabulary - english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest ESL lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking listening comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|