I try to understand the learning style that fits each student best, then use the most appropriate resources to help them understand the topic they are struggling with. I am best at breaking down complex concepts into smaller pieces, then tying them into the bigger picture. When the student has learned the concept, I have them teach it to me in their own words and fashion to ensure mastery of the topic.
I have a BA in geology with a minor in biology from UTA; I also have a secondary science educator certification in Texas through UTeach. I have many years of experience with tutoring/teaching peers and students in science, including college-level courses.
Bachelor of Arts in Geology (minor Biology) with UTeach Program (2018)
Secondary Composite Science Texas Educator (Expires 01/31/2024)
Student Teacher | A.P. Chemistry | Sam Houston High School | Spring 2018
• Designed experiments and practice problems for students that aligned with state standards
• Created and carried out diverse activities that demonstrated chemistry concepts
• Established communication with students, parents, and different departments
• Comfortable working in fast paced and high stress environment
• Participated and presented briefing material in weekly and monthly staff meetings
• Executed classroom management techniques
• (concealed information)
Recitation Leader | Biology Department | University of Texas at Arlington | 2017 – 2018
• Served as a peer instructor, role model and mentor for students in the introductory cell and molecular biology course
• Utilized variety of methods to guide freshman through challenging concepts in small group settings
• Provided additional resources to aid struggling students
Substitute Teacher | Arlington Independent School District | Present
• Performs classroom management and instructional duties for teacher that is absent
Administrative Assistant | Biology Department | University of Texas at Arlington | 3/2015 – 12/2018
• Audited experimental protocols and suggested solutions to improve experiments
• Worked independently (obtaining self-management and self-learner skills) and as a team player
• Proctored and graded lecture and lab tests, quizzes, exams, practicals, etc.
• Established clerical skills
• UTeach Program
Procured knowledge regarding pedagogy and philosophies of education
Several field experiences at varying grade levels and schools across DFW
• Relevant skills: teamwork, communication, leadership and clerical skills; bilingual, punctual, flexible with time and adaptable to new settings
• Experienced in variety of workplaces: food, retail, office, education, etc.
• Oral presentations reflecting research experiments in scientific and educational courses
• Society Chair for The National Society for Leadership and Success and other honor societies
biology lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cell biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, molecular biology lessons for all!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|