I recently graduated from the University of Chicago in the United States and earned a Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry. I use a one to one basis approach with each student and try to accommodate a teaching method that gives results as each individual learns in different ways.
I have more than six years experience in the tutoring business. I have tutored junior high school and high school students. While in college I was a teacher assistant and helped the professor with the class Mathematical Methods for the Physical Sciences.
Skilled researcher and recent graduate of a Bachelor of Arts in Chemistry. A motivated professional with an aptitude for gathering, organizing, compiling and assessing dense, complex information. Analytical thinker performs in-depth scientific investigations and evaluations to identify issues, produce outcomes and present findings. Excel at writing detailed reports and preparing highly polished documentation with a dedication to accuracy. In-depth knowledge of laboratory techniques with no compromise on safety when handling chemicals and laboratory instruments. Communicative and personable, will adapt quickly and serve organizational objectives with hard work, a drive for excellence and professionalism. Technically proficient in Matlab, Mathematica, Scheme, C, Python, Java, R, HTML, MS Office, Photoshop, Computational Chemistry and ImageJ.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Reporting/Documentation • Leadership • Mass Spectrometry
• Research & Analysis • Laboratory Policies • IR Spectroscopy
• Information Management • Health & Safety • Column Chromatography
Bachelor of Arts, Chemistry | University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, 2016
UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO, Chicago, IL 2014 - 2015
Lab Intern, Assistant Professor Bryan Dickinson’s Lab Group
• Successfully conducted research, performing fundamental laboratory techniques and handling chemicals and laboratory instruments in full compliance with health and safety regulations.
• Conducted project planning to develop and synthesize fluorescent fluorophores by lysine deacylation.
• Gathered, compiled and created laboratory reports, documents and records regarding yields and outcomes with meticulous attention to detail to ensure accurate data.
• Showcased project findings by presenting research and contributing to lab discussions on subsequent research.
BRIDGEME, Chicago, IL 2013 - 2016
• Boosted confidence and skills of international students by providing guidance and assistance on understanding and adapting to American culture.
• Planned, organized and coordinated meetings with students, communicating effectively to deliver useful information and resolve issues.
TUTORING SERVICE, Chicago, IL & Brownsville, TX 2010 - Present
• Crafted and delivered engaging lessons on algebra, chemistry, calculus, physics and biology in addition to SAT/ACT/GRE coaching.
• Ensured student success by developing learning strategies and teaching methods to break down and teach difficult concepts.
UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO MATH DEPARTMENT, Chicago, IL 2014
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant/Grader
• Acted as a subject matter expert to assist students in the class Mathematical Methods for the Physical Sciences, providing guidance on course content, tactfully dissecting complex and dense information to aid student success.
• Evaluated and graded assignments and tests, created answer keys and proctored exams, demonstrating in-depth knowledge of university and curriculum standards.
Sergio is very good at what he does. He has been tutoring since he was in high school. His students really comprehend the material once taught. He tutors chemistry, physics, geometry, algebra, calculus. he is a recent graduate of the University of Chicago majoring in Chemistry.
algebra lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|